Adjunct Professor (Remote) - California School of Education
- Alliant International University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Counsellor Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Other Education, Special Education, Administrative, Student Affairs, Disabled Student Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The California School of Education at Alliant International University offers a variety of degrees, certificates, and credentials in education that prepare students to make a lasting impact through teaching, counseling, leadership, advocacy, administration, management, and community work. Whether a student is looking for an online degree program or an in-person learning experience, Alliant will be there to guide them every step of the way. The student's path into the classroom — either online or on-ground — is one paved with comprehensive academic excellence through:
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) certification of many of our world-class education programs
- Multiple degree options, including credentials and CSOE certifications, master’s, and doctoral degrees, many of which offer specialized emphases.
- Online college education degree course options designed with working professionals in mind
- Hands-on training facilitated by extensive practicum opportunities.
- Multiculturalism interwoven throughout the curriculum and rooted in our university culture; offering an educational experience rich with diversity and inclusion.
- Single-Subject Teachers
- Multiple-Subject Teachers
- Special Education Teachers
- School Psychologists
- School Counselors
- Educational Leaders and Managers
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- California Teachers of English Learners (CTEL) and Cross-Cultural Language and Academic Development (CLAD) Certification
- We also offer Certificates in Elementary and Secondary school teaching as issued in the State of Arizona.
CSOE continually seeks subject matter experts to join our cadre of adjunct faculty. The following are the duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications that Alliant requires from applicants for an Adjunct professor position:
- Education: Master’s, Doctoral or other terminal degree from an accredited college or university, depending upon the needs of the course being taught.
- Experience: Appropriate experience in the areas(s) of specialization and expertise. Prepare Training is desired.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: As required by program, which may include Credential(s) or Certification in Teacher Education and Administrative Services, a PPS Credential in School Counseling, School Psychology or License in Clinical Psychology or Professional Clinical Counseling, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) is desired.
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms.
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines.
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide candidates toward task completion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and Alliant employees, as well as the Registrar’s Office and various academic departments.
- Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse people.
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support candidate success.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
- Course and syllabus preparation
- Class curriculum coordination and planning
- Assessment and evaluation of learners
- Mentoring and advising of students
- Holding office hours and meeting with students
- Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision, particularly of MA theses, PsyD projects, and PhD, EdD, DBA dissertations
Internal: Interacts with supervisor to receive direction and instructions and/or review of work results. This position with work closely with colleagues in multiple departments (i.e. Admissions, Student Advising, Registrar, etc.) to support both students and colleagues in achieving student success and Department goals.
External: Interacts with prospective students, to provide advice and support. Interacts with accrediting and regulatory agencies as required. Interacts with clinical partners.
Primary Work Location, Hours & Travel Requirements:
Office Location: Remote
Work Hours: TBD
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work environment is in a standard office or clinical setting. Frequently exposed to low to moderate noise, various odors, temperature changes, and equipment with moving parts, including but not limited to computers, phones, printers, and other standard office equipment.
- Responsible to perform all work in a manner that complies with the organization policies, applicable regulations, applicable standards of professional performance, or other recognized laws or requirements as these policies, regulations, standards, laws or requirements relate to the position.
- Responsible to participate and support in the organizational compliance activities and to take appropriate action in reporting issues related to compliance.
- Responsible to perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that complies with the Alliant International University Mission, Values, and Pillars, if applicable.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants . This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: San Diego
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 159041
Date: May 16, 2023
San Diego, CA, US, 92131
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert