Title Lecturer in Asian American Studies
- Harvard University
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Posted Date
- Jan 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Humanities, Ethnic & Multicultural Studies
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Committee on Ethnicity, Migration, Rights seek applications for a Lecturer in Asian American Studies. Especially encouraged to apply are candidates whose work foregrounds interdisciplinary methodologies, and whose teaching can engage multiple Asian American diasporas and historical periods. An ability to teach Asian American studies through a comparative or relational ethnic studies lens, including engagements with Pacific Islander studies, is also preferred.
The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2023 and will carry a 2:2 teaching load, distributed as one lecture course and one seminar each semester. The Lecturer position is for three years, with the second two years contingent on a satisfactory performance review during the first year.
Please submit the following materials through the ARIeS portal (https://academicpositions.harvard.edu). Review of applications will begin February 12, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
1. Cover letter, including a description of teaching experience, and any efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging in the classroom
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Writing sample, such as a journal article or dissertation chapter
4. Names and contact information of three referees, who will be asked by a system-generated email to upload a letter of recommendation if the candidate is invited to interview for the position. Three letters of recommendation must be received in order for the candidate to be short-listed for the position.
5. If the candidate advances to the finalist round, they will be asked to submit a teaching portfolio and description of two seminars they could teach. These materials must be received before the candidate’s finalist interview.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert