Represents the University of Houston to the public community in
Houston, throughout Texas, and across the nation. Provides
information to, and advises prospective students regarding the
academic programs offered by the University or a specific
department, including requirements for admission and retention
- Advises prospective students regarding admissions, academic
programs and curriculums.
- Analyzes and processes admission application, change of major
forms, and term changes, and serves on the individual review
- Analyzes and processes requests for readmission from academic
- Conducts orientation and campus visit sessions for groups of
incoming new students.
- Recruit high school and community college students and may make
presentations at special events.
- Establishes and maintains contact with the business,
educational, and general community sectors to discuss and outline
proper planning and procedure as they relate to recruitment and
- Maintains student files updated throughout their admissions
process and makes changes to records as necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a
minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
- Department is willing to accept education in lieu of
Notes to Applicant:
see attachment for posting requirement