Job Vacancy Announcement
Administrative and Budget Associate
Student Engagement and Leadership
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
$40,619 - $44,680/Annually
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for accurately and efficiently enter invoices and
requisitions and other data into a financial management system.
Ensures adherence to the fiscal controls on expenditures for the
student activity fund as specified by the Student Affairs Finance
Board and the purchasing and disbursing procedures of the College.
Establish strong communication with the Accounting and Procurement
Office staff so that invoices and payments are processed
expeditiously. Responsible for proper spelling, grammar,
proofreading and formatting of correspondences and minutes.
Responsible for the daily opening of the Student Engagement and
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Three to four years of office experience or required course
work/certification and/or specialized skills/training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in the preparation, typing and proofing of reports,
minutes, memorandum and letters
- Experience in the use of Excel to create spreadsheets
- Experience with bookkeeping, budget, fiscal or financial
- Experience working with confidential matters in a sensitive and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Extent of experience in an educational environment.
- Knowledge of budget, fiscal or financial automated
- Ability to develop and maintain filing systems.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Word, Excel and
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, exercise
initiative and take instructions from more than one person.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to screen incoming telephone calls and provide accurate
- Ability to act as a representative of the department in a
positive and informal manner; dealing with people of culturally
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Resume required with the application. Please ensure that your
documents address the criteria listed below for this position
- Responsible for opening the office.
- Responsible for developing, updating and placing writable PDF
Club/Budget forms on the Mypgcc portal.
- Responsible for proper spelling, grammar, proofreading, and
formatting correspondences and minutes
- Creates an accounts receivable ledger and reports for all
student organizations utilizing their revenue accounts through fund
raising. Responsible for processing all incoming deposits. Opens up
ledger sheets (using Microsoft Excel) to provide spreadsheets for
- Records and logs all disbursements from fund 4 accounts Related
to Student Organizations, and Grant and Service Accounts from
Student Engagement and Leadership.
- Prepares a variety of accounting forms such as local travel,
disbursements, check requests, deposits, budget and expenditure
transfers, and purchase requests. Responsible for sending budget
and finance materials to the Accounting Office, through the Program
Director or Dean.
- Maintains daily ledger on supplies, petty cash, and
- Provides account balance and detail ledgers to the student
officers, advisors, and Student Engagement and Leadership staff as
- Responsible for collecting all payments, selling tickets for
all Student Club/Organization events, and ensures that the funds
are deposited into the correct generated account.
- Tracks projects for the department.
- Disburses to student organizations action copies of all
requests for budgets, funds and cash receipts.
- Responsible for maintenance of the accounting files of each
student organization, and cost center. Ensures that accounting
files are updated daily.
- Verifies budget justification approved by SAFB, account
balance, account numbers, cost center manager’s signature,
invoices, receipts, cash advances, printing bills, check and travel
requests, and petty cash vouchers for disbursements prior to
referring to the Program Director or Dean.
- Responsible for support with Student Affairs Finance Board
Budget hearings. Attends Student Affairs Finance Board
- Verifies and logs purchases and food requests, attaching budget
justification, ( SAFB approval) prior to referring to the Program
Director or Dean.
- Responsible for tracking purchases, verifying and maintaining
and reporting budget balances for all cost centers.
- Responsible for preparing Excel spreadsheets for stockroom
purchases, printing and petty cash vouchers.
- Responsible for assisting in the answering of busy telephones,
screening calls and providing accurate information or referring
calls to the appropriate office or department of the College.
- Provide office coverage, providing accurate information,
utilizing key communication skills in relating to a diverse student
- Responsible for securing, maintaining and replenishing office
supplies and materials for the Student Engagement and Leadership
- Reviews the accounting reports (Analysis of Budget and
Expenditures) for adjustments and corrections, referring same to
the Program Director or Dean for action.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the office equipment
including contacting Service Technicians when the equipment needs
- Implements appropriate activities in support of the College’s
vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Identifies and implements critical customer service standards
in support of the college’s vision, mission, and strategic
- Performs other duties as assigned
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively
communicate and interact with other employees and the public
through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally
defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel
objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not
limited to a, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax
machine. No significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping,
and repetitive motions.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be available to work 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday
through Friday, with flexibility to work some weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to the offer
of employment. A signed authorization for the release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu
; you will receive an email acknowledging
receipt of your application, upon which time no further
communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the
position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have three to four years of office experience?
- * Do you have experience in the preparation, typing and
proofing of reports, minutes, memorandum and letters?
- * Do you have experience with bookkeeping, budget, fiscal, or
financial automated systems?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Copy of previous year satisfactory teaching evaluation