A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
(ATSU-KCOM) is seeking a non-exempt Research Assistant for the
Physiology Department on the Kirksville, Missouri campus. The
successful applicant will work as a half-time Research Assistant in
the Tim Ostrowski laboratory and contribute to ongoing studies in
the field of Alzheimer's disease research using a rat model.
Primary work includes (but is not limited to) surgical procedures,
animal handling/care, daily maintenance of the laboratory, ordering
and stocking supplies, and cataloging samples. They will also
assist, train, and help supervise students in the techniques
required for the studies. As needed, other work may entail western
blotting, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, data analysis, etc.
This job is a NIH-funded position.
Interested candidates should upload a recent CV and a cover letter
expressing their interest and qualification to fulfill the
requirements needed for this position.
Major Job Duties
Skills and Requirements
- Experimentation (animal survival surgery, immunohistochemistry,
western blot, etc.)
- Lab managing (laboratory maintenance, ordering and stocking
supplies, cataloging samples, help in oversight of students)
- Data analysis
- Knowledge of general lab work and immunohistochemical
- Experience in general lab techniques
- Previous experience in animal surgery procedures is a strong
advantage but not required
- High school plus two to three years of college
- Prior laboratory experience is needed
- Fine motor skills