A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine (ATSU-SOMA)
is seeking a non-exempt Business Operations Specialist on the Mesa,
Arizona campus. This position will report to the Director of
Operations in reviewing, allocating, accruing and processing
invoices/expenses from across the college and the OMM center. This
position will prepare the daily/monthly deposit and credit card
daily close processing at the OMM center and record the patient
transactions in an accounting software program. Assist the Director
of Operations in the OMM center daily/monthly close process by
preparing the daily/monthly deposit, processing the credit card
transactions for that day, involved in the clinic monthly close
process by accounting for all payment transactions are
reconciled. Assist the Director of Operations with the annual
budget cycle process. Assist in working with the facilities
department for the college and the OMM clinic facility needs. The
ideal candidate will have accounts payable and/or some
accounting knowledge, purchasing knowledge, or back-office
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Be responsible for daily invoice processing, check request,
purchase orders and proper invoice expense allocations
including using correct object codes for the college prior to final
approvals and sent to accounts payable/purchasing.
- Point of contact for purchasing. Orders supplies/Receives
supplies/Distributes orders. Shipping orders as needed.
- Receiving orders in Unimarket (Purchase Order Tracking
- Assist in analyzing expenses and working with vendors on cost
savings for the college and OMM center.
- Daily review of invoice approval process status ensuring that
the Department Chair, Director of Operations, and
SOMA Dean approve the expense prior & keeping track of invoice
payment status by communicating with the
- Work closely with management to determine the correct
allocation including using correct object codes of expenses
within the appropriate entity, business and account.
- Be responsible for the OMM center daily/monthly close process
and preparing the daily/monthly deposit. This
position would prepare the daily/monthly deposit and credit card
daily close processing at the OMM clinic and
records the patient transactions in an accounting software
- This position is the back up for the OMM Center Manager role
when they are absent, they will cover the OMM
center front office, welcome patients, plus accept payments, answer
telephone and schedule patients as needed.
- Assist in working with the facilities department for the
college and the OMM center facility needs.
- Assist the Director of Operations with the OMM center monthly
close process by accounting for all payment
transactions are reconciled and included in the monthly transaction
- Assist the Director of Operations with the annual budget cycle
- Contribute to the monthly accrual process, providing invoice
and accrual support to management and/or accounting.
- Be responsible to run the monthly variance report (prepare and
review with the Director of Operations)
- Be the backup for the OMM Center Manager when they are out of
- Be able to cover other staff within the SOMA Operations team
when they are out of the office or if tasks are needed
for coverage. Able to be cross trained on all SOMA Operations team
- Assisting the Director of Operations with the annual budget
cycle process. By researching and updating the AACOM
survey spreadsheet of other COMs tuition rates.
- Assisting in keeping the year to date expense reporting with
detailed expenses for the BudgetPak (accounting budget
software) process of listing out expenses in line item detail.
Also, assisting in making sure expenses are not missing
that should be listed within BudgetPak (accounting budget
- Tracks CME & Membership Dues for SOMA faculty.
- Tracks SOMA expenses of purchase requests, check requests, and
travel monthly by running a report from
Unimarket (purchasing online system) and Chrome River (travel
online system). Plus, ensuring all details are
accounted for and adding in the check request and travel details.
This reporting is useful for budgeting purposes plus
ensuring that we stay within our approved operating budget.
- Assist in keeping track of purchases, check requests, travel
reimbursements within the budget tracking report.
- Provide reporting to senior management as requested.
- Interact with senior management, operations, accounting,
purchasing & other faculty and staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Two to three years of experience in either accounts payable,
accounting, purchasing, administration, and/or business operation
in a college setting preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products such as: Word & Excel are
- Associates degree or some college preferred, but not required,
will consider comparable job experience in purchasing, accounting,
- Experience in a role requiring strong ability to multi-task
with excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to adapt to new systems.
- Exemplary organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Knowledge of Unimarket (Purchasing Order Tracking System)
and/or a comparable purchasing software system.
- High-level of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality and
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle responsibilities independently with minimal
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits