Student Records Specialist
- Washburn University
- Kansas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 13, 2023
Position Title: Student Records Specialist
Advertised Pay: $16.04
Location: Washburn University
The screening committee will review all eligible applications submitted until the position is filled
Position Summary: The Student Records Specialist is responsible for complying with FERPA requirements regarding the confidentiality of student information when interacting with students and parents. The position is responsible for auditing students’ records to ensure accurate academic records are maintained in appropriate databases.
• Create, update, and maintain accurate student records in the appropriate software programs.
• Enter biographical and academic data by applying appropriate codes, data standards, and state/federal requirements.
• Enroll students, make changes, update academic history, and produce transcripts.
• Review the coding of records to verify accuracy.
• Examine each record course by course to ensure credits transfer appropriately, duplications are avoided, disallowed credit is not awarded, and GPA is accurate.
• Responsible for adhering to strict timelines when entering student records into appropriate software programs, to be used for financial aid determinations and student advising.
• Review posted grades for accuracy, missing information, and if grades were “rolled” correctly.
• Work with faculty and staff to resolve issues to ensure the accuracy of transcripts and student records.
• Conduct necessary research to determine and initiate appropriate resolutions to problems or discrepancies as identified.
• Responsible for processing incoming applications and transcripts
• Evaluate documents, code for imaging, and document receiving information in the appropriate software program. Rout to staff to post.
• Be prepared to answer inquiries about applications or transcripts received and work posted to students’ records.
• Assist other staff with the end-of-term procedures.
• Resolve issues before final grades are due and contact faculty who have not submitted grades by the deadline.
• Run lists of transcript requests waiting for final grades and degrees.
• Determine and enter academic standings into software programs.
• Assist with mailings. (letters for probation/suspended students, inactivate learner records, etc.)
• Assist students and faculty with registration procedures, issues with academic records, or questions regarding the receipt of documents.
• Distribute and index documents into the imaging program.
• Provide support to the Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP) by tracking enrollment and class registration.
• Work with faculty/staff to ensure proper placement of students in courses and obtain necessary approvals.
•Cross-train with other staff as directed to ensure continued coverage in all areas.
•Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• Two years of experience providing administrative support.
• One year of data entry experience.
• The ability to communicate effectively and make complex decisions following established policies and procedures.
• The proven ability to interact tactfully with customers to resolve issues. Capable of multitasking and performing varied and detailed functions effectively with attention to detail and accuracy.
• A college degree and one year of work experience in a university Registrar’s, Admissions, Financial Aid office, or student records system.
• Understanding of college programs and degrees.
• Experience using a student information system such as Banner, PeopleSoft, or Jenzabar.
• Demonstrated Experience using degree audit or transfer credit software such as Degree Works and TES, and experience producing diplomas using vendor-supplied or other in-house processes.
• The ability to speak and understand Spanish.
Full time, Hourly, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Background Check Required
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in higher education.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Washburn University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants for employment. If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please email email@example.com or call 785-670-1538 at least five (5) business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert