Senior Communications Associate
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 13, 2023
The senior communications associate will join a team of dedicated communications professionals who act as the newsroom for Baylor College of Medicine. This position offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with daily interactions with local, national and international media and with some of the leading health experts and scientists in the country. The senior communications associate will develop internal and external communications plans and serve as the primary communications contact for assigned areas of the College and should enjoy working in a team environment to find creative communications solutions. After an initial training period, the senior communications associate will have the opportunity to work on a hybrid work-from-home schedule.
- Interviews faculty for news releases and internal communications
- Works closely with leaders and faculty members in assigned areas
- Writes news releases, media advisories, news briefs, newsletter copy, feature stories and blog posts
- Has knowledge of and contacts with national media outlets and/or reporters
- Schedules media interviews and escorts media on campus
- Pitches story ideas to the media and monitors media coverage
- Provides guidance to junior level communications specialists
- Generates story/press release ideas
- Contributes to social media efforts
- Helps with video projects
- Attends planning meetings
- Assists in planning and organizing events
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication or closely related field.
- Five years of directly related experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills and knowledge of AP Style.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert