Instructional Technology Specialist
- Georgian Court University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Instructional Technology & Design, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Instructional Technology & Design (Campus), Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Technology Administration/Other, Chief Technology & Information Officers
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Integrating the core values of respect, integrity, compassion,
justice, and service, the Instructional Technology Specialist is
responsible for supporting faculty, staff and students in their use
of technology and for administering instructional technology
hardware and software systems as required under the direction of
the Director of Instructional Technology and Design. Other duties
will include training end-users in the operation of technology
assets, and documenting work, issues, and inventory. The position
entails some flexibility to accommodate evening and weekend
- Respond to all requests for assistance with technology-related problems by providing remote and/or in-person support.
- Support the University’s learning management system (currently Blackboard) and other instructional technology systems and software.
- Provide remote and face-to-face or one-to-one informal training and workshops on University supported software for staff, faculty and students.
- Instruct training classes and workshops for general use of University technology.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Blackboard software issues.
- Know how to use Blackboard, Zoom, Kaltura, and Respondus effectively in course design.
- Employ best practices for technology use and course design.
- Identify recurring problems and recommend hardware/software/training corrective instructional measures.
- Assist in maintaining a support function reference library and local documentation.
- Assist in maintaining records of workshop attendees, technology assets, problems, and solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality in all interactions with people and information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Assist in Help Desk operations.
- Assist in teaching/learning equipment training, coordination of training dates, selection of workshops, scheduling, instruction, and onsite classroom support.
- Represent the department in professional committees and organizations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of training and experience required.
- Two years instructional technology support experience required.
- Strong software knowledge including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to work independently and in teams in a demand-based, service-oriented setting required.
- Excellent organizational interpersonal, and communication skills and fluency in both verbal and written English required.
- Experience with Blackboard is a plus.
- Macintosh, tablet, and smartphone audio-visual support experience desired.
- Teaching experience desired.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert