The purpose of this class is to advise, counsel and assist faculty
members in designing and creating high quality courses in
accordance with the instructional and teaching policies of
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a
candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the
field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the
Master’s degree in one of the following: Instructional Design,
Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, or
Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum and
Instruction, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology or
related field and completion of graduate level certification in
instructional design for online courses required.
For both education levels the following is required: One (1) year
of experience with web content accessibility guidelines. One (1)
year experience working in Instructional Design, higher education,
quality assurance of online courses, and Quality Matters preferred.
Candidates will need to provide a sample of their work and copy of
transcript to verify graduate level certification.
Class Specific Essential Duties
Position Specific Essential Duties
- Provide assistance to CCBC faculty in the application of
instructional design and instructional technology.
- Design and develop courses applying current instructional
- Conduct training workshops.
- Remain current on instructional technology/design
- Provide periodic reports on course development projects.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of online and blended
courses, based on Quality Matters standards.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of online
learning courses and programs.
- Conduct training for faculty to meet instructional design and
quality assurance needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging trends related to
accessibility of information and communications technology.
- Maintains accurate records of course quality assurance reviews
along with faculty/staff training.
- Communications and support needs for online learning
- Routinely test course content using a screen reader to ensure
accessibility standards are met
- Communicates and supports the needs for online learning
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are
not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as
CCBC Full Time Benefits At A Glance
Health and Medical
Prescription Drug Benefits:
- Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP)
- Cigna Open Access Plus In Network (OAPIN)
- For CIGNA Plans - included in Cigna Plan Medical Premiums
- Kaiser - included in Kaiser Medical Premium
Emotional, drug/alcohol abuse treatment, both inpatient and
outpatient, provided when pre-approved. Premium included in medical
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regional Traditional
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regional Preferred
Flexible Spending Accounts
- CareFirst Blue Cross /Blue Shield/ Davis Vision
- Benefit Strategies Health Spending Account $2,600
- Benefit Strategies Dependent Care (children under 13 and elder
Financial Term Life Insurance: MetLife
Permanent Whole Life Insurance: Unum
- Employee Basic Life Insurance is 1 times your salary with a
minimum of $50,000 (90/10)
- Employee Supplemental Life Insurance is available in multiples
of $10,000 with a maximum of $200,000. Supplemental Term Life
Insurance is available for spouse (increments of $10,000 to a
maximum of 50% of employee combined basic and supplemental amount)
and dependents ($10,000). Supplemental Term Life Insurance is 100%
Accidental Death & Dismemberment: The Hartford
- Permanent Whole Life Insurance with Optional Long Term Care
rider available through Unum. Available to full-time employees,
part-time associates, and adjunct faculty.
- Spouse and dependent coverage available. Permanent Whole Life
Insurance accrues cash value, premiums will not increase, and
coverage will not decrease. Permanent Whole Life Insurance is 100%
Individual or Family Coverage. Employee pays a rate in multiples of
$10,000 to a maximum of $300,000.
Plan pays 60% of gross monthly salary after 90 consecutive days of
absence. Employee pays 100% of premium.
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Maryland State Teacher’s Pension System (7% contributory)
- Optional Retirement Plan (non-contributory)
- Baltimore County Employees’ Retirement System (7%
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Legal Resources is a pre-paid legal voluntary benefit for advice,
consultation and representation for commonly used legal
First Financial Federal Credit Union membership available to
It's convenient, safe, reliable and saves time. No waiting for your
check on payday. The money is already in your account, whether you
are at work or on vacation. Mandatory payroll direct deposit allows
employees the control and flexibility of directing their pay to
different accounts at any bank, in any location.
Work and Family Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Cigna
Free personal advocates assisting you and any household member to
resolve any issues.
Paid Leave Benefits
Academic, Bereavement, Sick and Safe Leave, Jury Duty, Religious
Holidays, Military Leave, Sabbatical, Personal, Vacation, and
Eligible full-time employees may qualify for waiver or
reimbursement programs. Spouses and legal dependents up to age 22
are eligible for reimbursement with proof of successful completion
and a C or better grade. Employee’s eligible for Tuition Assistance
become eligible for the external Tuition reimbursement program the
first semester after one calendar year of employment. Eligibility
for waiver or reimbursement for CCBC courses begins after the
completion of a 90 day probation for public safety and classified
Academic Cash Award
Classified employees are eligible for a lump sum award of $500 for
completion of an unduplicated college degree.
McDaniel College’s Educator’s Legacy Scholarship
CCBC is proud to offer an exciting new benefit to all
benefits-eligible employees! Read more »
McDaniel College has extended its Educator’s Legacy Scholarship
(ELS) program to CCBC benefits-eligible employees. CCBC is among
the inaugural community college partners.
Children of ANY current full-time benefits-eligible CCBC
with at least four years of continuous full-time
employment are eligible to receive a scholarship valued at up to
$100,000 over four (4) years.
The scholarship will first take effect in the fall semester. The
CCBC Employee Benefits Team will provide verification of
employment. Excellent teaching is McDaniel College's priority and
its legacy. The College's expert faculty-mentors empower students
to achieve their personal best, and many graduates go on to become
top K-12 educators.
Since 2010, four of McDaniel's graduates were named state Teachers
of the Year, including the 2011 National Teacher of the Year
Michelle Shearer. McDaniel is ranked among Money
50 Best Liberal Arts Colleges and offers more than
70 undergraduate programs of study. The personalized curriculum and
student-faculty collaboration develop the unique potential in every
student. McDaniel College welcomes the sons and daughters of CCBC
Mandated Federal Benefits
Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, Social
For Your Convenience
- ATM machines are available at each of the main campuses
- Check cashing with appropriate ID
- Free Parking
- Access to weight lifting facilities, swimming pool and