ATSU - Security Officer
- A.T. Still University
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 12, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Full Time
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a Security Officer on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. This position reports to the Security Supervisor. The security officer must be willing to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis. The position is responsible for locking and unlocking selected doors on a daily basis according to departmental procedures; maintaining accurate record reports, statistics, and files for security on an ongoing basis; handling difficult situations diplomatically; and abiding by personnel policies governing attendance and tardiness. The Security Officer monitors security activities and provides protection and security for all assigned properties of A.T. Still University on the Kirksville, MO campus.
Major Job Duties
- Lock and unlock selected doors on a daily basis according to departmental procedures.
- Patrol the premises on a nonscheduled basis at least twice per eight-hour shift.
- Check premises for fire and safety hazards on a daily basis and report any hazards found to the Security Supervisor immediately.
- Perform confidential investigations in matters pertaining to alleged losses, thefts, and wrongful acts of individuals affecting security and complete an incident report accurately as needed.
- Question strangers and make sure they have a legitimate reason for their presence as needed.
- Provide physical restraints on persons when directed to do so by proper authority according to departmental procedures.
- Respond within a timely manner to emergency calls as needed.
- Maintain a lost and found for articles on an ongoing basis and complete a lost and found report as needed.
- Maintain registration files of employee and student vehicles as needed.
- Ensure parking regulations are in compliance with policies on an ongoing basis.
- Control parking by use of citations and assistance on an ongoing basis as needed.
- Enter data accurately into the computer on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain accurate record reports, statistics, and files for security on an ongoing basis.
- Check proper functioning to two-way radios and other equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain fuel, oil, and coolant at proper levels on the security vehicle.
- Assist in developing departmental goals and objectives.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Missouri drivers license required.
- Telephone number or other means for immediate contact must be made available.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Interact effectively with various segments of the public including, but not limited to, ATSU faculty, employees, students, patients, and visitors.
- Maintain accurate records and files.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Use the two way radio and pager.
- Complete job tasks and assignments accurately and on schedule.
- Participate in staff meetings and drills as required.
- Cooperate with co-workers and willingly assist where needed.
- Make suggestions to management for revising and updating procedures and for improving cost effectiveness.
- Seek out and accepts additional responsibilities.
- Practice proper hygiene.
- Adhere to dress code.
- Adapt to any situation or job directed by immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrate a courteous, ethical, and professional manner to all publics of ATSU.
- Use the organizational chart as a line of authority and/or communications.
- Handle difficult situations diplomatically.
- Abide by personnel policies governing attendance, tardiness, and break periods.
- Abide by ATSU departmental policies and procedures.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert