Assistant Professor of English
- Huntington University
- Huntington, Indiana
- full benefits included, 9 month position, salaried
- Posted Date
- Jan 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Humanities, English & Literature
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Huntington University Department of English seeks candidates for a full-time tenure track faculty position. While the area of expertise is open, successful candidates will demonstrate broad exposure to American, British, and World literatures as well as the ability to teach Adolescent Literature. The candidate will provide in-person classroom instruction.
The candidate will teach eight undergraduate classes per academic year. This will typically include two or three Freshman level courses (EN121 Academic Writing and Research and EN151 Perspectives on Literature) and one or two upper division literature courses per semester (determined by qualifications and in consultation with the department head).
Faculty rank is dependent on degree and experience.
- Education: Ph.D. in English required, with an ability to teach a broad range of thematic courses which incorporate American, British, and World literature.
- Preference will be given to those who have some secondary teaching experience or who have received teaching certification and who can teach Adolescent Literature.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate interpersonal communication skills and exceptional teaching ability.
- Candidates must have a strong personal Christian commitment and faith in Jesus Christ and a desire to serve others
- Must be committed to the mission of Huntington University as a comprehensive Christian College dedicated to educating men and women to impact our world for Christ
- Demonstrated understanding of Christian higher education, preferred
This is a full-time 9-month faculty position. To apply, visit this link:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert