Part-Time Assistant I, Language Lab
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Humanities, English as a Second Language, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Student Affairs, Disabled Student Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Location address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Assistant, Language Lab performs standard lab duties while assisting multiple students and at times two computer labs. Activities are routine as well as repetitive. Reports to Division Operations Manager and a Department Chair.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors and assists students with the lab requirement of their class
- Responsible for monitoring and signing-off on students' lab time
- Assists with monitoring and tracking lab supplies (workbooks, printer toner, and paper supply)
- Uphold students' reasonable understanding of proper lab conduct
- Operates a variety of office equipment, including but not limited to computer(s), printer, copier, and laminator
- Responsible for other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Has a general knowledge of Internet Explorer, and search engines
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, organizational, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Must be detail oriented and precise
- Must be able to follow the lab rules and guidelines
- Must be punctual
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office and/or laboratory
- High School diploma or GED
- Have taken and passed college level Freshman English courses or higher
Hourly Pay Rate is $10.88 per hour.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert