Career Experiences Coordinator
- Texas State University-San Marcos
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 20, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Career Services, Counseling, Disabled Student Services, Other Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Career Experiences Coordinator
University Pay Plan Title
Open to All
$3,750 - $4,100
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Direct experience in the planning or implementation of programs or projects
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation delivery appropriate for small and large audiences
- Evidence of customer/client service experience
- Master’s or other advanced degree in human resources, higher education, or related field
- Experience in a career services office
- Experience in a university/college setting
- Familiarity with student employment practices, specifically with those pertaining to state and federal work-study roles
- Experience delivering training to individuals and groups
- Experience working in collaborative groups or committees to accomplish shared goals
- Comfort with using technology to make processes more efficient
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Independent decision making and problem-solving ability
The Career Experiences Coordinator is part of a collaborative team responsible for providing a range of services, programs, events, and resources supporting connections between students/alumni and career experiences.
This position will serve as the primary point person developing opportunities for students to gain valuable experiences through part-time student employment opportunities on and off campus, internships, and other career experiences that supports students’ academic and career goals.
Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in the delivery of all programs and services.
- Work with university departments to coach supervisors of students in the development of high-impact student employment practices including student-appropriate job descriptions; recruitment, interview, and selection processes/techniques, onboarding, training, supervision, and evaluation of student employees
- Host one-on-one consultations and group presentations to on-campus employers
- Develop resources and training materials on best practices for on-campus employers
- Manage on-campus job approvals on Handshake
- Oversee student employment functions at the university including ensuring compliance with federal and state laws and university policies related to university-funded student employment
- Provide or assist in providing services, programs, and resources designed to connect students to on-campus jobs including email marketing, events, or fairs
- Facilitate student employee of the year award selection process and plan annual appreciation reception
- Identify barriers to internship and career experience participation and develop solutions to support increased student access and engagement
- Build and maintain relationships with faculty to remain current on major-specific requirements relevant to internship opportunities
- Maintain academic internship contacts and ensure course databases are updated
- Develop programs, resources, and events to educate students and campus partners on the value of internships
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to support students’ ability to identify internship, shadowing, and career-related experiences
- Build and maintain relationships with current and prospective internship employers and job shadow contacts
- Support the Assistant Director in implementing a job shadowing program designed to assist students in exploring prospective careers
- Develop marketing assets that promote the job shadow program to both students and employers
- Assist in matching student applications to shadowing experiences
- Develop and maintain employer/host contacts for the job shadow
- Participate in campus committees and teams
- Support initiatives of the Employer Engagement team and Career Services office
Job Open Date
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until Filled
Normal Work Days
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start
Normal Work Hours End
You will be required to electronically attach a resume., You will be required to electronically attach a cover letter.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert