Adjunct Faculty - PACE Program
- St. Louis Community College
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 12, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Other Education, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Title: Adjunct Faculty - PACE Program
Employee Classification: P/T Faculty Monthly Pay
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents. Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: Full-time STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
The Social Science-Humanities, English/Reading, Communications, STEM Department at STLCC-Forest Park is seeking part-time adjunct faculty to begin Spring 2023. The disciplines needed are Sociology (SOC 101), Communications (COM 101), English (ENG 079, 101, 102), Reading (079), Math (140S, 160, 180S), Biology (BIO 151), Humanities, and other CORE 42 classes. A minimum of a Master’s Degree in the discipline is required. Other degree fields will not be considered.
The person hired for the position must include their workload working at the St. Louis County Jail for the Progress Attained through College Education (PACE) program. Must also attend the required training to work for the PACE program.
The PACE program offers students the opportunity to take most of their CORE 42 course work (minus the lab science classes) at the jail. The courses are listed as 8-week courses to allow for the greatest completion timeline where the morning classes begin at 8:00 a.m. and end by 11:00 a.m., the afternoon classes begin at 2:30 p.m. and end at 3:45 p.m.
What you'll do:
- Instructors are responsible for instruction, grading,
record-keeping, and compliance with legal and institutional
obligations. Instructors should expect to meet all deadlines and to
regularly use standard software, including the Microsoft Office
suite, as appropriate. Instructors must conduct all activities with
an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and
In addition to providing excellent instruction, all faculty members are expected to adhere to the following specific requirements:
• Maintaining the appropriate number of office hours at times of day convenient for students;
• Providing meaningful, timely responses and feedback to students’ work and questions;
• Meeting all department and college deadlines;
• Maintaining accurate records of student attendance and reporting attendance as required;
• Keeping careful grade records throughout each term;
• Reporting both midterm and final grades on Banner Web;
• Attending scheduled faculty meetings and training sessions;
• Successfully completing policy-related tutorials;
• Checking messages and college voice mail accounts on a timely basis;
• Submitting syllabi to the department secretary and posting it to our online repository in a timely manner;
• Responding to messages and requests from students and administration within the 24 hours immediately following receipt; and
• Complying with all provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
· Requires a Master’s degree in discipline.
· Attend the required PACE training.
· May potentially teach some classes on campus
· Prefer Ph.D. in some of the disciplines.
· Prefer Community College Teaching Experience.
· Prefer experience teaching a diverse student body.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert