VCU Bridge Recruitment Coordinator - College of Health Professions
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar, Career Services, Counseling, Other Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Welcome to VCU … a world unlike any other.
We combine learning, research, creativity, service and discovery with a commitment to inclusive excellence. Ranked by U.S. News as one of the 30 “most innovative” public universities in the country, VCU is a premier, urban, public research university home to multiple nationally ranked programs.
Here, your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay and mission-driven work. We advance a conscientious drive to support a climate where excellence and success for all people are valued and differences are celebrated.
Together, we can be unstoppable.
Reporting to the Director for Recruitment and Student Programs, the VCU Bridge Recruitment Coordinator will oversee the VCU Bridge program and is responsible for all student-related recruitment activities such as participating in recruitment fairs and developing strategic collegiate partnerships in Southwest VA. In addition, as a member of the student success team, the VCU Bridge Coordinator will support the overall mission of the Dean’s Office by developing and managing programs designed to promote professional development and community across the transfer student population. The VCU Bridge Coordinator will be based in Abingdon, VA.
Management of VCU Bridge
The Coordinator, in collaboration with the Director for Recruitment and Student Programs, oversees the VCU Bridge program. Responsibilities include:
- Promoting VCU Bridge and engaging prospective VCU Bridge participants;
- Communicating with VCU Bridge applicants;
- Managing Near Peer for VCU Bridge participants;
- Developing and implementing the VCU Bridge schedule of co-curricular and community building programming and events. This includes promoting relevant health sciences student events including those offered by Division of Student Affairs, Office of Student Experience, and MCV SGA Administrative Function & Committee Involvement.
The Coordinator, in collaboration with the Director for Recruitment and Student Programs, will also lead recruitment strategies to enroll students into VCU Bridge, to include:
- Developing productive relationships with faculty and advisors at Southwest Virginia community colleges and other relevant entities and regularly visit these community colleges to participate in career fairs, community events, and recruitment events;
- Preparing and delivering admissions presentations to large and small groups; providing information and developing a schedule of events promoting the VCU College of Health Professions in Southwest VA to facilitate recruitment;
- Maintaining working knowledge of program requirements, developing expertise that allows for prompt, accurate, and comprehensive responses to questions from applicants and partners;
- Organizing and planning annual recruitment/transfer events;
- Consulting with college faculty and personnel in the areas of financial aid, advising, admissions and records and registrations and other areas to advocate on behalf of students;
- Meeting with prospective students and their families to provide guidance, and admissions and program information and requirements; scheduling student visits, open houses and tours of the VCU College of Health Professions; responding to correspondence and memorandums; evaluating recruitment efforts;
- Maintaining a database of prospective students and contacts and manage these contacts through the admissions funnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse student environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Work independently and meet clear and established metrics and recruitment goals
- Ability to travel as evening and weekend work will be required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Master's degree in any field
- Experience in university student services arena (i.e. admissions, recruitment, financial aid, records & registration)
- Experience with program or curricular development
- Healthcare related experience
- Previous recruitment experience
This position is currently a restricted position with funding guaranteed for at least one year. This position is expected to become permanent once future funding is secured.
Salary Range: $53,000-$63,000
Department: Dean's Office, College of Health Professions
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: Yes
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Contact Name: Chelsea Gary
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert