Bilingual Kellogg Project Coordinator
- New Mexico Highlands University
- New Mexico, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Teacher Education, Humanities, English as a Second Language, Foreign Languages & Literatures, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Bilingual Kellogg Project Coordinator
Full Time/Part Time
The School of Education seeks to recruit individuals who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students and who embrace our Mission, Vision, and Core Values:
Mission: To immerse our students in authentic academic and professional settings, providing them, with opportunities to bridge theory and practice and to engae in critical reflection that informs action. Vision: To prepare educators, leaders, and Counselors as agents of social change who transform the lives of individuals and communities they serve.
Core Values: Authentic Learning, Reflective Practice, Diversity, Social Justice, Excellence/Quality, and Transformation.
The School of Education is comprised of five (5) academic departments including Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction, Teacher Education, Special Education, and Counseling.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Bilingual Kellogg Project Coordinator will support in the establishment of a collaborative partnership between West Las Vegas School District and New Mexico Highlands University’s School of Education. Over the period of two years, BKP Coordinator will provide support to WLVS with their goal of becoming a model bilingual multicultural pre-K thru 12 grade school district. The BKP Coordinator will serve as a mentor and instructional coach for bilingual teachers and school/district administrators in the West Las Vegas Public School District. A liaison between NMHU and West Las Vegas Public School District.
- Exhibits professionalism, courtesy, respect, and be approachable.
- Meets daily with bilingual teachers to plan/review lessons, review curriculum, and materials needed to support bilingual program.
- Facilitates formal and informal discussions about co-teaching progress and areas of needed growth and develops monthly professional development based on those needs.
Meet weekly with NMHU faculty overseeing the West Las Vegas School –Bilingual Multicultural District Kellogg Project.
Communicates requirements and expectations to the WLV bilingual teachers and school administrators throughout the duration of the project.
- Communicates in a timely manner in person, through telephone calls, and/or e-mail.
- Supports the development of instructional lessons, strategies, curriculum, and materials that support the three objectives of the project.
-Support with the collection of data and evaluation of the project.
-Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
-Ability to travel to different schools within the West Las Vegas School District.
Minimum Job Requirements
BA Degree from an accredited institution in the teaching field with bilingual endorsement.
Five or more years of K-12 teaching experience in a bilingual multicultural education program in New Mexico and ability to meet NM Level II Licensure.
-Knowledge and experience working in Northern New Mexico.
- Prior experience in teacher mentorship in bilingual multicultural education programs in the state of New Mexico.
- Prior experience coordinating across stakeholder teams—-teachers, administrators, and university faculty.
-Master’s Degree in Bilingual Education
-Extensive knowledge and ability to speak Spanish language of Northern New Mexico
-Experience working in Heritage Language Bilingual Program Model
-Experience in curriculum and materials development for Heritage Language Bilingual Program Model
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of Heritage Language Bilingual Program Model
-Knowledge of Spanish language of Northern New Mexico
Able to have critical conversations to help teachers improve.
- Have strong reputation as an educator and/or classroom teacher.
- Ability to adapt to new and changing processes and technologies.
- Active NM Tier III Licensure for eligibility) in applicable area.
- Ability to use technology in the performance of responsibilities.
- Must be willing to travel to schools.
- Have a valid driver’s license and mode of reliable transportation.
- Have ability to adapt to new and changing processes and technologies.
- Repetitive hand motion and prolonged use of computer.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
-Work with take place in schools with in the West Las Vegas School District
-In classrooms conducting observations and/or co-teaching
-No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Work Location/Campus Center
Las Vegas, NM Campus
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email email@example.com
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
This position serves as a term twelve month duration period. Continued employment will be contingent on continued funding. A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Three (3) professional references in online application, and 4) copies of unofficial transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER .
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- List of Three Professional References with Name, Address and E-Mail
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert