Communications Manager, Mansfield Center
- University of Montana
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 12, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Marketing & Sales, Communications, Other Communications, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus), Editing & Publications Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com*.
The Mansfield Center invites applications for a Manager of Events, Marketing & Communications . The Mansfield Center is seeking a communications professional who is proficient at understanding and addressing a variety of target audiences with the demonstrated ability to adjust messaging accordingly. The Manager of Events, Marketing & Communications works closely with the leadership team and external partners to implement a coordinated strategy for engaging with Center stakeholders. This position reports to the director of the Mansfield Center with a dotted reported line to the senior director of strategic communications within the institutional marketing communications sector.
We invite accomplished applicants who have a demonstrated ability to quickly identify critical challenges and collaborate with team members to effectively implement a messaging strategy through social media; event promotion and management; storytelling; and promotional materials. A commitment to integrity and building trusted relationships is essential.
Specific job duties include, but aren’t limited to:
Social Media Oversight:
- Oversee social media and communication channels, recognizing the importance of differentiated messages across platforms and audiences, including the website, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram platforms, with eventual growth into Snapchat and TikTok as appropriate;
- Communicate and collaborate with Center colleagues on best practices and to identify essential stories, photos and videos
- Develop an annual social media calendar for repeated events while integrating current events and opportunities
- Lead social media marketing campaigns
- Draw from evaluation and monitoring data for continual improvement of messaging
- Collaborate with UM marketing and communications to ensure brand compliance and priorities
- Collaborate with Executive Director and external communications advisors to inform and implement a clear strategic communications and marketing plan
- Communicate with colleagues on Center activities to highlight and garner statewide and national attention
- Lead content writing for all Center press releases
- Advise and manage a media outreach plan, including an op-ed calendar
- Collaborate with Executive Director on relationships with state, regional, and national press contacts
- Track news alerts for Mansfield Center references and amplify as appropriate
- Manage advertisements for print, electronic, and social media
- Collaborate with Executive Director on priority content for newsletters, annual impact report, and other such vehicles, taking the lead on gathering content and drafting materials
- Manage marketing related email outreach
- Engage and grow audiences
- Draw from evaluation and monitoring data to analyze and implement feedback
- Lead all events promotion, keeping UM and Center promotion top of mind in all advertising, signage and promotional materials
- Lead event design and support
- Oversee content for event webpage
- Manage Mail Chimp strategy, design and outreach
- Manage event registration pages, ensuring relevant information is captured from registrants to inform Center priorities and strategy
- Manage event attendee lists as well as ongoing contact lists and databases
- Provide event-specific social media toolkits for Advisory Board partners and staff as needed
- Coordinating with UM Marketing and Communications and IT to ensure compliance with and support of UM priorities.
- Overseeing the student web manager to ensure that the Center website accurately reflects our vision and activities.
- Managing all content updates in collaboration with Mansfield colleagues, with an eye for information, design, layout, and imagery.
- Coordinate with UM Marketing and Communications and IT to ensure compliance with and support of UM priorities
- Oversee student web manager to ensure that the Center website accurately reflects our vision and activities
- Manage all content updates in collaboration with Mansfield colleagues, with an eye for information, design, layout, and imagery
- Collaborate with Advisory Board members, especially Outreach Committee, in developing community engagement strategy
- Engage with statewide organizations to amplify the Center’s work, creating Powerpoint presentations as relevant
- Manage email replies to main Center inbox
- Oversee and manage marketing email lists
- Coordinate with UM photography to obtain photos for ongoing usage
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
- Position is full-time, 1.0 FTE, Letter of Appointment and includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
- Salary for this position ranges from $55,000 - $65,000 per year and is commensurate with qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Strategic and innovative thinker.
- Effective listener and strong communicator (written and verbal).
- Exceptional writing skills under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience working with high-level stakeholders in government and democracy efforts.
- Experience with events management.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with more than 11,000 undergraduate and graduate students and 500+ full-time faculty members. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America ” in 2014. Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere.
Founded by an Act of Congress in 1983, the Mansfield Center fosters globally minded leaders of integrity in support of democracy and international engagement. We honor Senator Mansfield’s legacy of patriotic statesmanship to bridge divides from a variety of perspectives, unified by our commitment to democracy. Our work emphasizes civil exchanges of ideas from a diverse range of viewpoints, the importance of democratic institutions, and role that ethical values play in public life. Our staff is advised by a bipartisan Board of Advisors and supported by citizens nationwide representing government, business, non-profit, education, service and youth sectors.
The Mansfield Center is committed to creating an environment that encourages, enriches and respects the multidimensional aspects of diversity. Diversity includes, but is not limited to, differences based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation or background, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, economic class or status, points of view, or disabilities. The Mansfield Center is committed to recruiting and retaining a team capable of creating a safe, vibrant, diverse, engaging and intellectually stimulating environment.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Must be eligible to work in the United State upon hire.
How to Apply:
Priority Application Date: Sunday, February 12, 2023 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit all of the following materials. Application will be open until position is filled.
Please submit the following application materials** via the UM Jobs portal and by clicking "New Resume/CV" button. Please do not apply through Indeed.com*.
*Please note, only five (5) attachments allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
* Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure complete application materials are submitted and received by the date listed above.
** Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert