Area Desk Administrator, UM Housing
- University of Montana
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 12, 2023
Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com * .
UM Housing invites applications for an Area Desk Administrator to serve as the primary departmental receptionist. This individual will be in charge of coordinating the UM Housing frontline customer service programs and provide overall administrative support at an assigned residential area desk, University Villages office, Lewis and Clark Village office, or the UM Housing office. This position works under limited direction of the Assistant Director of Residential Education and Community Standards and will also interact with students, university staff/faculty, parents and prospective students on a daily basis while performing key duties of the position. This employee will be responsible for managing administrative programs and processes related to the operations of their assigned area including data entry, key management, and space reservations. In this role, the person will screen calls, visitors, emails and correspondence. This position may also assist in the coordination of calendars, as well as prepare a wide variety of presentations, forms, documents and correspondence. This position may have summer assignments in a different area of housing to assist with summer conferences, fall operational preparations, or apartment operations. This position required the ability to take initiative, adapt easily to change, work independently and be detail oriented.
Some duties to be performed by the employee include, but aren’t limited to:
Assigned Residential Area Tasks:
- Overseeing processes for checking in residents, which includes reviewing policies ad procedures, obtaining signatures on a variety of documents, updating the StarRez Housing Management System, and issuing keys/access cards.
- Overseeing processes for checking out residents, which includes following proper check-out procedures, resource checkouts, response to phone and email inquiries, work orders, and other resident needs.
- Assisting with training and oversight of student staff hired to work at area desks or frontline customer service locations.
- Entering, updating, and completing work orders in the StarRez system.
- Monitoring the overall work and completion of work orders assigned areas to recognize ongoing trends that may need additional attention and to ensure issues are adequately addressed.
- Completing regular audits of keys, access cards, equipment, packages and any other desk or office related items or processes occurring at area or satellite desks or any UM Housing location as directed.
- Coordinating the filing of social fund receipts.
- Conducting monthly audits of social fund receipts and online transaction reports in collaboration with the Area Coordinator or the Community Director.
- Overseeing the receiving, logging in StarRez, and distribution of mail and packages in area and taking the lead on troubleshooting any package related issues.
- Developing and managing electronic forms, processes and workloads to carryout department business.
- Performing administrative tasks and other duties as needed and assigned.
- Is trained on Onity card access software and assists with Onity card preparation and troubleshooting in assigned residential areas and elsewhere, as needed.
- Is knowledgeable about general university residences, buildings and operations.
- Understanding of UM Housing and Community Standards operations.
- Assisting with the coordination and organization of assigned summer conference program requests including communication with conference coordinators, data input into StarRez, preparing materials, and any related pre- and post-conference tasks.
- Assisting with front line on-site conference program support including coordination of tasks and schedules with area staff, preparing customer service materials for front line staff, coordinating check-in and check-out processes as needed, and communicating with custodial staff.
- Carryout assigned summer assignments and fall operations prep work.
- Overseeing summer residence hall area desk if assigned.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of being able to:
- Provide information, apply policy guidance, resource and assistance for students, staff and visitors.
- Serve as front line contact for student, resident, parent, or community issues and concerns pertaining to any facet of the residence halls and apartments at the University of Montana and refer to appropriate staff and resources. This may include behavior, student conduct, roommate conflict, professor or university staff concerns with a resident, residence hall programming outreach, and any other issues as they arise.
- An operational understanding of the StarRez Housing Management system as it impacts areas of responsibility, and an ability to build, update, and utilize advanced reports from the system.
- The ability to navigate and utilize the Onity key card system.
- Familiarity with all aspects of UM Housing and Community Standards operations.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with other UM departments, students, parents, community partners and public
- Experience with program coordination.
- Ability to have effective communication with program stakeholders.
- Ability to facilitate and manage working relationships with other campus departments, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to work productively an professionally with diverse populations.
- Ability to demonstrate provision of exemplary customer service with effective interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills.
- Thorough written, verbal, and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible and can handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, website CMS software, and integrated databases (including Banner and Access).
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least two (2) years computers, customer service and communication experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a university housing environment.
UM Housing provides safe, clean, healthy, and affordable living and learning facilities that foster an inclusive community living environment for students, staff, faculty and guests. UM Housing manages three areas: Residence Halls, Lewis and Clark Village, and University Villages - which provide a variety of housing options for single students, students with dependents, and University guests. Services provided in these facilities support and nurture personal development and educational experiences at the University of Montana.
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000, surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Area Desk Administrator (Administrative Associate III)
Position Number: New
Department: UM Housing
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Must be eligible to work in the United State upon hire. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to Apply:
Priority Application Date: Monday , January 30, 2023 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit all of the following materials. Application will remain open until position is filled.
Please submit the following application materials** via the UM Jobs portal and by clicking "New Resume/CV" button. Please do not apply through Indeed.com*.
*Please note, only five (5) attachments allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
* Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure complete application materials are submitted and received by the date listed above.
** Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert