(Hybrid) Graduate Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator - Graduate Admissions 20166
- West Virginia University
- Morgantown, West Virginia
- Commensurate With Experience
- Posted Date
- Jan 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
West Virginia University Graduate Admissions is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator.
About the Opportunity
As a Graduate Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator, you will work directly with assigned colleges/programs to assist and guide the recruitment and admission process. You will improve information sharing and support services. You will be based in the Office of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment and will serve as a liaison for their assigned college.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year (for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
What you’ll do:
- Work with colleges to develop specific recruitment goals.
- Research enrollment trends both at WVU and nationally for programs within the college.
- Develop recruitment and communication plans for each college.
- Use multiple communication methods to engage with perspective applicants.
- Establish and manage relationships with other WVU units that support recruitment and admission initiatives.
- Create and share recruitment policy and practices.
- Identify faculty, alumni and current students to feature in recruitment materials
- Ensure access and visibility of research activities for each program within a college.
- Assist in connecting potential applicants with faculty working in research of interest to the applicant
- Plan and execute yield events for admitted students.
- Create and oversee a graduate ambassador’s group for each college.
- Work with international recruiters and the International Admissions Unit to enhance the growth of international students.
- Coordinate with college Key Communicator to ensure consistent messaging and adherence to brand standards.
- Represent programs at in-person and virtual recruitment fairs.
- Provide timely and accurate information to students and families while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Provide training on graduate admission processes to college employees that will be involved in graduate admissions.
- Oversee and manage knowledge base on matters related to the admission process.
- Monitor the number of applications out to the department awaiting an admission decision,
- Ensure that all applications in ART receive an admission decision.,
- Manage any waitlists used by programs within the college.
- Serve as a liaison between college and Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Provide training and updates on any updated admission processing tools or procedures.
- Create applicant and admit communications.
- Ensure fair and ethical application reviews
- Share admission and enrollment data with colleges on a regular basis
- Assist the Office of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment with university events.
- Attend and participate in relevant conferences and professional development opportunities such as NAGA
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred or 2 years of related experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience involving:
- Higher education administration, enrollment management, customer service, and developing relationships with both internal and external groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and commitment to working with students and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning from start to finish.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and evaluate recruitment strategies
- Demonstrated ability in developing communication materials.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and experience with a computerized student information system.
- Demonstrated commitment to and a record of excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to resolve complex situations.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a variety of tasks and projects taking place simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work functions.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and social justice.
Valid driver’s license
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU’s academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert