Assistant Professor of Marketing Tenure Track
- Assumption University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Jan 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Marketing & Sales
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Assumption University is a comprehensive, private Catholic
liberal arts institution with 2,500 undergraduate and graduate
students, sponsored by the Augustinians of the Assumption. We
awaken in students a sense of wonder, discovery, and purpose,
forming graduates known for their intellectual seriousness,
thoughtful citizenship, and devotion to the common good. Our
curricular and co-curricular programs provide students with an
education that shapes their souls, forms them intellectually, and
prepares them for meaningful careers. We are a diverse community
that welcomes different points of view and embraces all who share
our mission. Enlivened by the Catholic affirmation of the harmony
of faith and reason and by the pursuit of the truth in the company
of friends, an Assumption education transforms the minds and hearts
An Equal Opportunity Employer. Assumption favors diversity, ecumenically welcomes all who share its goals, and strongly encourages people of color and others from underrepresented groups to apply.
The University is in Worcester, Massachusetts, New England's second largest city that "combines the warmth of a small town with the convenience of a thriving city."
The Marketing and Organizational Communication Department of the Grenon School of Business seeks 2 full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Marketing positions, beginning August 2023. The standard teaching load is seven courses per academic year. All candidates are expected to show a commitment to high-quality undergraduate teaching and mentoring, research, and service.
One of the positions will be primarily focused on supporting our new Sales Concentration, with teaching responsibilities including Professional Selling, Sales Management, Business to Business Marketing, and potentially Digital Sales or Services Marketing. The second position will be a generalist position, where the ideal candidate will be able to teach a combination of core marketing and elective marketing courses. The successful applicants will also support the Marketing majors through curriculum development, and may be asked to teach core courses such as Principles of Marketing.
- A doctorate is required, Ph.D. or DBA preferred, from a regionally accredited institution;
- The ideal candidate will have undergraduate teaching experience in the marketing discipline and a demonstrated track record of or potential for scholarship and publication;
- Applicants must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University;
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster required.
It is the policy of Assumption University that all employees be vaccinated and boostered against COVID-19 before they begin employment. Proof of the COVID-19 vaccine is required of all individuals hired by AU, to be verified after an offer of employment has been made, and as part of the background check process. Prospective employees may submit a request for exemption based on a religious and/or medical basis, to Human Resources, after an offer of employment has been made.
Assumption University offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
A choice of 5 different pre-taxed, health insurance plan options
- A 403(b), with up to a 9% employer match
- Life insurance up to 2x the annual salary
- Long-term disability coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Parental Leave coverage
- Bereavement leave
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Vacation days accrued per year
- Sick days accrued per year
- Personal days per year
- Paid holidays
- Remote Work Policy for those positions that support it
- Christmas Break week in between Christmas and New Years off with pay
- Easter Break off with pay
- "Thank you Fridays" off with pay in June and July
- Tuition remission for self, spouse, and dependent children
- and more...
We are an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V. Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, teaching statement, current curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three references who can attest to the applicant's teaching and academic experience and qualifications. Finalists will also be asked to provide official transcripts of academic work from their highest degree-granting institution. Materials must be submitted online as MS Word documents or PDF files. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert