Associate Dean for Summer Term
- Boston University Metropolitan College
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Boston University Salary Grade 52
- Posted Date
- Jan 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Deans
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Boston University's Metropolitan College seeks applications for the Associate Dean for Summer Term. As a key member of the Colleges leadership team, The Associate Dean for Summer Term is responsible for the oversight, direction, envisioning, planning, budgeting, implementing, managing, and evaluating the University-wide Summer Term academic program of 700 courses, 500 faculty, and 7500 students. The Associate Dean oversees a staff of 8 full time employees and will provide innovative and effective leadership. The position requires collaboration with over 50 department chairs and deans from across the University, and is responsible for generating over $40 million in revenue each summer. The Associate Dean for Summer Term reports to the Dean of Metropolitan College and Extended Education, Boston University. The successful candidate will be a results oriented professional familiar with summer term programs and be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, fostering and developing working relationships with academic offices and Faculty.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Master's Degree required, Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in higher education or a related field, with 8+ years of demonstrated leadership
- An understanding of University priorities surrounding student success and experiential learning
- Working knowledge of higher education administration, organization and budget
- Knowledge of trends and best practices in pre-collegiate, college-level, and continuing education summer programs
- Thorough knowledge of the daily operations of summer programming in the higher education setting
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert