Digital Production Manager (71101)
- Pratt Institute
- New York, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Digital Production Manager (71101)
Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Interdisciplinary Technology Lab is seeking a Digital Production Manager to operate across a suite of production labs interfacing with digital fabrication equipment while providing additional support to students, staff, and student workers in the daily operations.
This position will oversee job submission management, digital workflow support, maintenance, material logistics, and other basic functions of job transactions. The ideal candidate will be an organized, effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who is a flexible team player. If you are ready to join a dynamic team and collaborative culture, then this is the opportunity you're looking for!
On a typical day you will be required to:
- Evaluation and implementation of new equipment
- Head the training and management of student workers
- Head the advisement and training of facility users in the safe and proper use of digital fabrication equipment
- Lead troubleshooting/repair/maintenance of equipment and infrastructure
- Develop troubleshooting protocol addressing repair and maintenance of equipment and infrastructure
- Assist in the development communication campaigns for internal and external audiences
- Continual and consistent approach towards applying contemporary workflows to operations and evolving efficiencies
- Assist in the development and maintenance of safety documentation
- Ensure optimal functionality of all fabrication equipment and peripherals including support of hardware and software
- Contact and coordinate with hardware or software vendors for service.
- Develop, document, and enforce usage policies and standards for the production facilities.
- Prepare materials documenting both end-user procedures and technical methods
- Assist in the development of pricing models for production usage/output
- Assist in the development of efficient digital file submission, processing, and troubleshooting
- Perform various administrative duties relating to the operations of production facilities
- Manage an inventory of consumables, material stock, spare parts, and purchase orders.
- Implement facility policies and protocols
- Maintaining a clean lab environment
- Provide any additional support to ITL operations and all other duties as required.
The ITL is an organization that emerged out of the intersection between science, technology, art, and design. Our primary approach is to explore the way emerging technology disrupts conventional design processes by creating more intelligent feedback loops. This feedback system enables us to develop agile knowledge and workflows to augment and mediate the material practice while enhancing the relationship between the human condition and their environments. Our agility as product and systems developers enable us to bring this disruptive thinking to our partners. Our passion in merging design and technology has helped our partners overcome the challenges of deploying the most innovative technologies to accelerate their development cycles, re-strategize with data-driven intelligence, and re-tool for the many possible futures. ITL is a space where intellectual networks converge and future worlds are being prototyped.
As a diverse team with a combined breadth and depth of 50+ years of experience in a range of fields, ITL looks to share this set of experiences both internally and externally within the Institute. Rapidly developing internal team of 5 with a work study staff of 30
Salary - Commensurate with qualifications and experience: $60k -70k + generous benefits.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum two-year operational experience with varied 3D printing hardware or digital fabrication equipment including setup, configuration, and deployment.
Skills: Excellent communication skills (both oral and written). Advanced Knowledge Proficient in the use of CAD/Vector based software (Rhino/AutoCAD/Adobe/Etc).
For campus access requirements related to COVID, click here
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/119785
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert