Automotive Technology Instructor Adjunct Faculty
Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
Full Time or Part Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track
Hiring Salary Range
Salary Commensurate with Education and Experience
Job Description Summary
The instructor is responsible for the coordination, planning,
preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction
and related activities during the day, evening, or weekend via
instructional delivery formats to include face-to-face, hybrid,
online, and remote. Face-to-face and hybrid classes may be offered
on any Prince George’s Community College campus. The instructor
must remain current in the discipline area and continually explore
teaching methods and strategies to engage learners, organize and
plan instructional content that accommodates diverse learning
styles, and devise appropriate assessment tools that monitor
student learning outcomes. The instructor is also responsible for
participating in related activities to include professional
development, academic advising, curriculum design.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
AREA SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Information provided based on the area discipline –
discipline specific credentials and/or education are listed
- Ten or more years of auto technology experience
- Associates degree or better preferred
- Industry teaching and/or certifications desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Professional certifications a plus (ie; ASE )
- Trained or graduated at a qualified auto technology school or
- Mastery of course content
- Ability to provide service to diverse populations using a
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty and
- Ability to plan, deliver and assess effective instruction
- Ability to teach in face to face, remote and online modalities,
- Ability to effectively use instructional technology (Internet,
instructional software, learning management system,
- Critical thinking, organization, and conflict management
- Research skills (where appropriate)
- Time management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Computer literate with good organizational skills
The following criteria, which are not the sole
criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review
the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process. A
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Plan, organize, and teach curriculum content in conjunction
with course outcomes.
- Using applicable technology and pedagogical principles, teach
course content via an appropriate delivery format to include
face-to-face, hybrid, online, and remote instruction.
- Complete mandated institutional trainings and professional
development trainings related to content discipline and
- Facilitate appropriate instructional activities that promote
student engagement and learning.
- Evaluate student performance using assessment tools that align
with established course objectives and outcomes.
- Create and administer assessments that monitor student progress
and provide timely student feedback.
- Provide an orientation at the first-class meeting to include an
overview of the course syllabus. The overview should include an
outline of course objectives, requirements, attendance policy,
grading system, textbook(s), and supplemental materials.
- Notify students of key academic dates and course adjustments,
maintain an up-to-date, electronic grade book, and enter final
grades by the established due date.
- Maintain accurate records and submit class records (as
appropriate) to the Department Chair or Program Coordinator by the
established due date, and participate in the departmental
evaluation and course assessment process.
- Maintain office hours, advise students, and refer students to
- Adjunct faculty are expected to respond to student emails and
phone calls within 48 hours with the exception of weekends and
holidays. Faculty are expected to maintain regular communication
with students and should exclusively use the assigned PGCC
- Attend all required meetings.
- Perform all other duties as directed by the Department Chair,
Program Coordinator, or designee.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively
communicate and interact with other employees and the public
through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally
defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel
objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not
limited to a, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax
machine. No significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping,
and repetitive motions
Is Background Check Required?
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants
Effective August 8, 2022, Prince George’s Community College’s
current vaccine mandate will expire for students, faculty, and
staff. Select exceptions may apply. Face coverings will be
voluntary campus-wide, including in classrooms and instructional
spaces. Although the College will no longer require new employees
and students to be vaccinated as a condition of employment or
instruction based on current public health conditions, COVID -19
vaccines and boosters are strongly recommended.
Prince George’s Community College is committed to
providing a safe campus community. PGCC conducts background
investigations for applicants being considered for employment.
Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal
history record check, education verification, and when appropriate,
a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
; you will receive an
email acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have a minimum of 10 years of auto technology
- * Please be advised that as required by the 1986 Immigration
Act, candidates must be prepared to present acceptable
documentation showing identity and that you are a U.S. Citizen or
an alien who is authorized to work. It is the college's policy that
PGCC does not provide sponsorship for prospective employees. Will
you require sponsorship to work in the United States?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type