About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida, and
Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace, and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2021-22, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
This role provides oversight and planning for tutoring functions
across all colleges. The coordinator works with faculty members,
tutors, students, advisors, and staff to identify and meet tutoring
needs. The coordinator must meet currently identified needs and
also plan and recommend needs for future tutoring support.
ERAU benefits include:
- Create and implement tutoring best practices. Do a review of
other universities programs to recommend and implement center best
practices and an innovative training program.
- Oversee all aspects of the ERAU Prescott Tutoring Center
including hiring tutors, overseeing systems to schedule and track
appointments, and preparing status reports.
- Address student and faculty member needs with appropriate
tutoring solutions. Coordinate with faculty members to identify and
hire tutors for specific discipline needs.
- Hire tutors for on-going support and coordinate schedules and
timesheets to meet needs.
- Provide orientation and ongoing training to tutors to ensure
FERPA compliance in addition to tutoring best practices.
- Evaluate tutor performance and provide regular feedback for
improvement. Research best practices, propose a plan, and implement
group peer instruction opportunities for courses with high D, F, W,
- Propose and monitor budget for Center and provide usage reports
on a regular cadence.
- Prepare usage reports tracking services requested and provided,
such as, number of students tutored, and type of tutoring
- Recommend solutions to new need identification.
- Design and distribute marketing materials in order to increase
awareness and use of the Tutoring Center.
- Review student and faculty feedback, address issues, and
provide guidance to tutors to improve service levels.
- Develop and update systems such as SharePoint and Trac.Cloud
that support scheduling requests and data collection.
- Identify software, hardware, and other tools and space needs
and propose lay out based on tutoring best practices.
- Prepare and maintain standard operating procedures for tutoring
process, policies, and guidelines.
- Work with counterparts at Daytona Beach and Worldwide to better
- Serve on committees as needed.
Required Education :
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 4% of employee contributions
- Two BCBS health plans – PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library,
mailroom and enjoy observation flights
Bachelor’s degree. Area of study:
education or related
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
Required minimum number of years work related
- Analytical skills with an in-depth knowledge of information
systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems,
Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet
- Tutoring and testing best practices
- Management and leadership of student employees
- Budget management