- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 10, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Enrollment Management subdivision at San Jose State University includes nine departments with approximately 150 full time employees. This subdivision supports the academic mission of the University and collaboratively works with the campus and external community to enhance student success, achieve enrollment goals and provide quality services to students, applicants, parents/family members, campus colleagues and external partners. This subdivision serves over 120,000 enrolled students, applicants and campus visitors each year.
Reporting to the AVP for Enrollment Management and working under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant provides a broad range of administrative and fiscal functions for the Office of the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management. The Administrative Assistant also supports other Enrollment Management departments as the liaison for facility’s needs, telecommunications, inventory, text & tell assessment program and employee moves. This position has responsibility for administrative and clerical tasks and processes related to the fiscal transactions, monitoring expenditures, fiscal analysis, calendar management, reports and operational unit activities including events and leading the building emergency team for the Student Services Center Building. This position supervises student assistants who staff the information desk in the Student Services Center. The position is responsible for supporting a fast paced, customer service oriented subdivision.
- Oversees and coordinates day-to-day operations of the AVP office to include, managing the AVP and department calendars, scheduling meetings, webinars, conference rooms, and appointments via zoom and in person as needed
- Coordinates department events including but not limited to semi-annual campus wide Gear Up meetings, department wide meetings, open houses, and employee events
- Communicates with department employees on a regular basis to disseminate information related to processes, procedures, timelines, concerns, and related operational information
- Establishes and maintains positive business relationships with the campus community, various vendors, and state agencies
- Receives office supplies and purchasing requests and submits to management for review and processing. Orders, distributes, and maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment. Maintains the security of the supply room
- Monitors operational expenses for all Enrollment Management units. Generates budget reports using CMS financial data and reconciles budgets, troubleshooting discrepancies
- Processes purchase orders, office supply orders, purchase requisitions, contracts, reimbursements, travel expense reimbursements, travel requests, direct payments and budget expense transfers
- Maintains a high standard of customer service to all University constituents, including staff, students, parents, and business partners
- Serves as primary contact for facilities planning and administration for the Student Service Center (SSC)
- Serves as liaison to FD&O for department moves in or out of SSC. Coordinates facility project planning and implementation having to do with matters of relocations and general office maintenance requests
- Responsible for appropriately supervising the proper utilization of the electrical cart with staff and student workers
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, business writing, punctuation, and spelling
- Ability to compose, present, and appropriately format correspondence and reports
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Ability to coordinate different tasks; determine relative importance of each, set deadlines, and complete projects accordingly
- Ability to make timely decisions and perform a wide variety of administrative duties independently; ability to effectively plan, assign, coordinate and lead a variety of functions
- Demonstrated ability to analyze fiscal expenditure data and prepare written reports
- Demonstrated computer with emphasis on spreadsheets and report generation
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them
- Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques
- Ability to multi-task, working effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, and make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment
- Knowledge of software applications such as word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
- Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices
- Prepares and submits reports as requested and required
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Two (2) years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, Excel, Google suite, calendaring, databases, and spreadsheets
- Experience tracking multiple budgets and accounts
- Customer service and conflict resolution experience
- Experience training and leading the work or others
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,136/month - $5,588/month
CSU Salary Range: $4,170/month - $7,545/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: January 10, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert