Chair of Undergraduate Nursing Programs
- Cedar Crest College
- Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Posted Date
- Jan 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Chair of Undergraduate Nursing Programs
Cedar Crest College, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, is currently accepting applications and nominations for a Chair of Undergraduate Nursing Programs in the School of Nursing. Functioning as a resource for faculty and students in the undergraduate nursing programs, the Chair will serve as a part of the nursing administrative team overseeing all aspects of the academic experience of the undergraduate nursing programs and advise the Dean of the School of Nursing on matters pertinent to the undergraduate nursing programs. This position is a 12-month faculty appointment.
- Organizes and coordinates the department faculty in developing, implementing, and evaluating short and long-range programmatic goals, objectives, and standards.
- Oversees and participates in the continuing assessment and refinement of undergraduate nursing curriculum including review of all undergraduate nursing syllabi.
- Oversees input of faculty and the clinical scheduler regarding all clinical practicums, and course schedules pertinent to the undergraduate nursing curriculum.
- Oversees and coordinates outcome measurements for the undergraduate nursing program in accordance with the Systematic Plan of Evaluation, periodic program review, and internal and external assessment requirements.
- Maintains the undergraduate nursing program in accordance with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, State Board of Nursing regulations which include informing the Board of changes in the program, affiliations, and faculty assignments.
- Prepares various reports of the undergraduate nursing program as needed by the College or accreditation bodies.
- Fosters scholarly and professional development among the faculty teaching in the undergraduate nursing program.
- Serves as advisor and liaison for faculty in addressing School of Nursing policies, issues and concerns related to the undergraduate nursing program.
- Provides leadership in the development of all undergraduate nursing program initiatives.
- Coordinates, participates in, and evaluates the effectiveness of all undergraduate nursing program orientation events ensuring a satisfactory and efficient student experience.
- Develops standards, curricula, and procedures that prepare graduates for professional and graduate school or employment endeavors.
- Serves as an advocate for the department and represents the department in the College, the community, and to other agencies or societies as appropriate.
- Manages the department’s resources, including preparing and managing the budget, in accordance with College guidelines.
- An earned Master of Science in Nursing and unencumbered Pennsylvania nursing license or eligible for licensure in Pennsylvania.
- A minimum of three years of clinical and classroom teaching experience.
- Program oversight and/or leadership experience in higher education.
- Preparation in the basic and clinical sciences relevant to nursing practice.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Experience working with nursing accrediting and licensing bodies.
- A terminal degree in nursing.
- Certification as a nurse educator.
- Expertise in simulation.
- Prior experience with program and curriculum development.
- Qualify for tenure.
About the School of Nursing:
Cedar Crest’s nursing programs have a long tradition of excellence in nursing education, and the recent creation of the School of Nursing has allowed the institution to expand its educational offerings. In 2018, the school added a Doctor of Nursing practice degree (DNP) with three areas of specialty: family nursing, acute adult/gerontology, and nurse anesthesiology. In addition to the DNP, Cedar Crest’s School of Nursing offers a BSN, an Accelerated BSN, an RN to BSN, an MSN and certificate programs in various specialties. Our BSN program boasts excellent first time NCLEX pass rates and outcomes, including clinical placements at the region’s premier healthcare systems. A multimillion-dollar state-of-the-art Nursing Simulation Center provides realistic practice settings such as acute-care patient rooms, a community health lab, health assessment labs, and a functional operating room for student learning. The mission of the Cedar Crest College nursing programs is to educate and prepare nurses and nurse leaders who will advance evidence-based practice, education and healthcare delivery to improve health outcomes for individuals, families and communities within a global context.
About Cedar Crest College:
Cedar Crest College, founded in 1867, is a four-year, independent, liberal-arts college that emphasizes cross-disciplinary cooperation and excellence in teaching, research, and practice. Cedar Crest enrolls over 1500 students through our co-educational School for Adult and Graduate Education and our traditional programs for women. The large majority of Cedar Crest’s students – nearly ninety percent – are women. More than one-third are students of color, and nearly forty percent are first-generation college students. Our student body is also diverse in terms of religion, nationality, and sexual orientation. Cedar Crest College is a part of the Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges, a consortium of six colleges and universities. The College’s beautiful 84-acre campus, a registered national arboretum, is located in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania’s third-largest city, Allentown is nestled in the lovely Lehigh Valley, which boasts the best of both worlds: vibrant and diverse urban communities, as well as gentle hills and charming country sides. The Lehigh Valley includes access to parks, trails, and other outdoor recreation, top-rated public schools, and a wide range of cultural and sporting venues that enhance the value of our location. The College is conveniently located one hour north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City. In addition to our convenient location, we offer an exceptional benefits package, work-life balance, and a commitment to health and wellness, evidenced by our smoke and tobacco-free campus.
All correspondence should be directed in confidence to the College’s executive recruitment consultant:
Danan Tsan, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information and should be submitted through http://apply.interfolio.com/108054 :
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Three letters of reference
- Diversity statement that describes planned contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Applications submitted by March 13, 2023 will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Cedar Crest College is an equal opportunity employer fundamentally committed to diversity and inclusion. As such, the College encourages applications from individuals belonging to minoritized groups in higher education, in support of our diverse student community.
All new employees are required to provide their vaccination status to the College, and if vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert