Director of Web Applications Development
- California Baptist University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 11, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Technology Administration/Other, Development & Advancement
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Web Applications Development
Position Summary Information
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President of Technology, the Director of Web Applications Development leads a team of developers in planning, designing, developing, and maintaining web applications and related services such as enterprise websites, integrations, applications, and systems in support of California Baptist University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direction, leadership, and coordination of the development team as it relates to all web-related projects and services, such as websites, custom applications, client/server applications, Windows services, console applications, and integrations.
- Plan and manage project activities and function as project manager, business systems analyst, and programmer as needed.
- As the team leader, meet with customers to develop scope requirements and schedules. Translate these to technical specifications.
- Develop and implement department standards and procedures to aid in secure and high-quality software. Ensure that all developers understand and follow standards regarding development methodologies and the software development life cycle.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain web-based applications for business and educational needs. Perform a variety of programming requests involving databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and IBM Informix.
- Assist with software development, creating scripts and custom reports with integration to Jenzabar/ IBM Informix, Blackboard/Oracle, and other SQL databases.
- Maintain and administer application security, access, and version control.
- Set up, configure, and maintain web servers, server operating systems, and related applications.
- Understand user interface and web design issues and teach others web skills.
- Understanding of Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA ) and Section 504 guidelines and how it applies to web applications. Knowledge of WAI, Web Accessibility Initiative.
- Assures applications, databases, and operating systems are at current revisions to meet acceptable performance and security levels.
- Stay current with technological developments and continue learning through conferences, workshops, and publications. Provide guidance to the university regarding these developments.
- Provide team members with reports, analytical data, and projections to provide planning and insight.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of software development cycle, database design, design patterns, and advanced database architectures.
- Knowledge of operation systems (Windows/Mac & servers).
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects. Ability to stay organized, be responsive, and communicate efficiently to keep projects on schedule.
- Knowledge of web browsing and enhancement tools, utilities, and applications.
- Strong interpersonal, reading, writing, and communication skills. The ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge, and experience.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Knowledge of Web-based course delivery platforms.
- Knowledge of applicable data and network standards and applications.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred) and/or at least five years of increasing responsibility and experience in web applications programming and databases. At least two years of management. Network experience is a plus.
Posting Detail Information
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert