Framingham, MA Category:
Wed Aug 18 2021 Job Description:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and
direction for all aspects of the women's lacrosse program.
Responsible for the creation and direction of campus student
intramurals and faculty/staff recreation. Responsible for weeknight
building supervision. Nights and weekend hours are required.
Employment to be a (12) month position
Assigned student staff and assistant coach(es)
Director of Athletics and Deputy Director of Athletics
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direction and leadership to the women's lacrosse
program as they participate in both NCAA Division III and the
Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference.
- Supervise assistant coach(es).
- Recruit student athletes who match the academic and athletic
needs of the Institution.
- Coordinate, schedule and supervise student staff in the fitness
center. Coordinate payment of student staff with the Deputy
Director. Building coverage as assigned.
- Assigned coverage of the fitness center on weeknights as
- Administer, coordinate and schedule all aspects of the
intramural and recreational sports programming to include planning,
supervision of events and maintaining the Intramural website.
Programming to meet the needs of the students, staff and faculty.
Night and weekend coverage included.
- Expand the current intramural program to include additional
recreation activities for the general student body. Increase
student participation in the Intramural program by developing
unique marketing ideas.
- Develops, designs, and maintains web based intramural web page
to include schedules, standings, and registration forms. This task
requires interaction with the Assistant Director of Athletics.
- Maintain appropriate records according to established procedure
including health forms, appointment books, activity logs,
facilities maintenance reports, equipment checkout forms,
accident/injury reports and any other necessary records.
- Respond to emergencies according to established procedures.
Respond to accidents and injuries by rendering appropriate aid and
contact University Police and/or Health Services for
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Accountable for ensuring that affirmative action, equal
opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and
decisions in areas of responsibility.
Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as playing and
practice season schedule dictates.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required. Master's degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years coaching and playing experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written
communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
with a variety of audiences (i.e., students, parents, faculty,
staff, alumni, administration and community)
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as playing and
practice season schedule dictates.
Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish or English
and Portuguese are strongly encouraged to apply
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position in the
Association of Professional Administrators (APA) bargaining unit
with a title of Staff Assistant. The salary range is
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual
offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final
employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans,
persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.