Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Lake Superior College
- Duluth, Minnesota
- $105,500 - $147,500 based on Education & Experience
- Posted Date
- Jan 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Executive, Executive Directors
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Vice President of Finance and Administration is the executive finance and facilities officer responsible for coordinating fiscal planning and operations. As a senior administrative officer, the VP serves on the President’s Cabinet and reports directly to the President. In this role the VP participates in the formulation of campus policy, establishes finance and administrative procedures, and is a representative of the College to its constituents, including the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees, the Office of the Chancellor, and other state agencies.
The Vice President is responsible for providing leadership and management in Business Services, Bookstore, Food Services and Vending, Copy and Mail Center, Information Technology, Facilities Maintenance, Safety and Security. These areas are managed by strong teams and supervisors who are eager to support a strategic leader.
The VP will work closely with the LSC community to make strategic investments in support of the institution’s strategic goals including refining the budget model to support the institution’s investment in workforce development; aligning resources to the Strategic Plan; analyzing and maximizing state support; improving policies, procedures, systems and services for increased efficiencies and effectiveness; and ensuring that equity and student success (including academic success and career success) are at the forefront of decision-making around resource allocation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, finance, Educational or Public Administration or related field
- Five or more years of progressively complex administrative/managerial experience in a medium to large organization
- Supervisory/evaluation skills necessary to assign tasks, review and improve performance
- Applicants must have knowledge of federal and state fiscal laws and regulations fiscal and facilities management, labor contracts, continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated accuracy in forecasting financial positioning; ability to analyze, interpret, and effectively communicate statistical information to internal and external customers of the college
- Ability to be flexible to manage in a changing educational environment
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with persons from diverse backgrounds, and commitment to diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Education or Public Administration, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant Certification
- Experience with higher education finance management
- Experience working with architects in the development of the predesigns and schematic designs for capital budget requests
- Organizational and scheduling skills required to supervise the completion of large projects and special events involving large numbers of people, varied resources, and many sources of information. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert