- Texas State University-San Marcos
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 16, 2022
University Pay Plan Title
Open to All
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Evidence of engaging customer service experience, and strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation delivery appropriate for small and large audiences
- Direct experience in the planning and implementation of programs and projects
- Demonstrated ability to maintain focus while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated proficiency of business software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- For the College of Applied Arts Career Educator position, a bachelor’s degree in Applied Arts, such as Family & Consumer Sciences, Criminal Justice and Criminology, Agricultural Sciences, Social Work or for the College of Business Administration Career Educator position, a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Master’s degree in counseling, higher education, communication, human resources, business administration, or related field
- Knowledge of career theory and practice including career exploration and assessment, informational interviewing, experiential learning/internships, resume and cover letter writing, job interviewing, job search strategies, and preparing for graduate or professional school
- Experience providing career advising/coaching in one-on-one or group environments
Career Educators are an essential part of an energetic and collaborative team responsible for providing a broad range of services and programs including personalized career coaching/advising, online resources, educational workshops and presentations, implementation of marketing strategies, and large-scale events for the university’s diverse student and alumni populations.
Career Services is seeking to fill two (2) vacancies – one position will serve as a liaison to the university’s College of Applied Arts and the other position will serve as a liaison to the university’s College of Business Administration, both working collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students that make up the supported college’s multiple undergraduate and graduate programs. The Career Educator delivers direct services to students and alumni in the search for jobs, internships, graduate school admission, and other professional opportunities. Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to justice, equality, diversity, and inclusion in the delivery of all programs and services.
- Provide career support to, and draw information from, either the College of Applied Arts or the College of Business Administration, working collaboratively with faculty and staff to improve career readiness and professional opportunities for students and alumni
- Provide individual career coaching/support to students/alumni, assisting with career exploration as well as the development and execution of internship/job search strategies
- Develop and deliver career and professional development workshops across campus, in-person and virtually (e.g., classroom, student organization, residence hall presentations)
- Review and critique student/alumni resumes, cover letters and other application documentation
- Assist with coordination of virtual and in-person job fairs and other career-focused events hosted by Career Services and/or the College of Applied Arts or the College of Business Administration
- Create and distribute regular and timely communications to students and alumni using various tools and platforms
- Contact and engage with prospective and current employer partners to market relevant department services and programs, with special emphasis on experiential learning activities and full-time job opportunities
- Help track and assess area performance
- Participate in professional development opportunities and serve on university teams and committees as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Open Date
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until Filled
Normal Work Days
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start
Normal Work Hours End
You will be required to electronically attach a resume and cover letter to your application.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert