School of Continuing and Professional Studies, Sr. Program Director, Undergraduate Degree Programs
- University of Virginia
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- Rank and salary will be dependent on qualifications
- Posted Date
- Jan 10, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
School of Continuing and Professional Studies, Senior Program Director, Undergraduate Degree Programs
The University of Virginia School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) seeks applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor to serve as Senior Program Director, Undergraduate Degree Programs. This position is tasked with management and growth of SCPS’s portfolio of online bachelor’s degrees. SCPS helps working adults finish their degrees and advance their careers (Key Initiative #7 in Great and Good: The 2030 Plan). The school offers online and in-person programs, bringing high-quality, accessible, and affordable education to all Virginians. This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-ineligible position with benefits. Rank will be dependent on candidate qualifications.
The Senior Program Director, Undergraduate Degree Programs provides academic, operational, and strategic leadership of SCPS’s undergraduate degree programs, ensuring the programs thrive. The Senior Program Director also teaches a 1-1-1 teaching load and engages in scholarly activity.
The Senior Program Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading thriving degree programs across three areas: student impact, enrollment, and financial health. The Senior Program Director, Undergraduate Degree Programs successfully launches new undergraduate degree programs in high-demand fields and adjusts existing degree programs in response to student and market needs. They provide strategic leadership for SCPS degree programs. They provide leadership for SCPS’s role in the UVA strategic plan to increase the number of working adults who earn degrees to advance their careers. They demonstrate strong, values-driven leadership for faculty and staff that inspires and leads to high performance. The Senior Program Director hires and manages staff and faculty. They coordinate with other School departments on faculty hiring and evaluation, course schedule, program approvals, program review and assessment, enrollment, and other related functions.
The Senior Program Director manages faculty and staff and overall design, delivery, and quality of academic programs, leading to strong student outcomes. Oversees academic advising and other student supports. They develop programs with clear value propositions and broad student demand. They support Student Services and Enrollment Management to meet enrollment targets and help students successfully transition from admissions into programs.
- Terminal degree by the start date of the appointment
- At least three years of relevant professional and academic experience
- Demonstrated track record of growing thriving online education programs as measured by student impact, enrollment, and financial health
- Ability to develop long-range goals and objectives while simultaneously managing details across multiple projects and tasks
- Demonstrated fiscal management and budget planning skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with School faculty and staff, as well as University colleagues and industry leaders, to drive successful outcomes
- Awareness of, respect for, and adherence to University of Virginia and SCPS policies and procedures (e.g., accreditation requirements, SCPS internal requirements, University contractual requirements, etc.)
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects using a broad range of functional skills
- Must have the ability to work under deadlines and to adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Software: Office 365
- Demonstrated success launching online degree programs
- Ability to utilize data and market trends to modify, expand, and/or retire programs based on student demand
- Software: student information system (SIS), customer relationship management (CRM)
The anticipated start date for this position is spring 2023.
The preferred location for this position is Charlottesville; remote workplace may be considered. If remote workplace is approved, regular trips to Charlottesville, Virginia may be required.
This position may require some travel, primarily day trips within the Commonwealth, but occasional overnight travel may be required.
Rank and salary will be dependent on qualifications.
Please apply here: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/details/School-of-Continuing-and-Professional-Studies--Senior-Program-Director--Undergraduate-Degree-Programs_R0043070?q=R0043070
The selected candidate will be required to successfully pass a background check prior to their first date of employment.
Learn more about the University of Virginia School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) here: https://www.scps.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia assists UVA faculty spouses and partners seeking employment in the Charlottesville area. To learn more about these services, please see https://dualcareer.virginia.edu/
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspective and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert