Site Assistant - High School
- Utica University
- Utica, New York
- Posted Date
- Jan 10, 2023
- Position Type
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Tutors Young Scholars (grades 9-12)
- Coordinates Community Service Activities
- Collects data
- Contacts faculty
- Checks attendance every period and maintains accurate records in YSLPP room, locates and follows up on absent students by calling home.
- Checks school attendance against YSLPP attendance and reports discrepancies to the main office.
- Maintains an orderly environment.
- Tutors students in core subjects.
- Assists in assembling and maintaining tutorial materials.
- Collates progress reports and report cards for each student and develops reports from the collated material.
- Prepares data reports on attendance every month for each student and submits to Director and Social Worker.
- Meets regularly with faculty who teach YSLPP students to inquire about student progress and what specific things students need to do to be more successful in class.
- Addresses any teacher concerns in person or in writing.
- Coordinates/participates in community service activities and keeps accurate records for each student’s community service hours.
- Responsible for working with supervisor and other team members to achieve successful results on all established individual and departmental goals and key performance indicators.
- Takes an active role in the development of the department’s strategic and operational plans as required by department leadership. Works closely with department supervisor to develop and implement operational goals that support departmental success.
- Holds academic conferences with students when progress reports and report cards are issued.
- Assists in planning and implementing Program-based activities, including field trips, career exploration programs, enrichment activities, academic programs, community service and service learning projects, parent programs and special projects.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, pursuing secondary education certification or Master’s degree.
Founded in 1946, Utica University is a private comprehensive institution distinguished for its integration of liberal and professional study. Our dedicated faculty and staff have built a tradition of excellence in teaching and learning with particular emphasis on providing individual attention to students. The University enrolls approximately 3,700 students – approximately 2,700 undergraduates and 1,000 graduate students.
A city of approximately 60,000, Utica is located at the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains in the Mohawk Valley region of upstate New York. The area offers easy access to a broad variety of cultural attractions, including the historic Stanley Performing Arts Center and renowned Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute, as well as four-season recreation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert