Tutor (holding the title of Senior School Development Officer)
- University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 10, 2023
Tutor (holding the title of Senior School Development Officer) in the Centre for Information Technology in Education within the Faculty of Education (Ref.: 519015) (to commence on or after March 1, 2023, until August 31, 2023)
Applicants should possess a Master’s degree or above in science education, e-Learning, assessment, curriculum studies in education, or a related area; a recognized teaching qualification; and at least 7 years’ relevant post-qualification experience in teaching, supervision, resource management, curriculum design, teacher training and/or providing direct support to schools to enhance science education. Given the complexity of the project and the diverse range of expertise required for its smooth development and implementation, the ideal candidate should be a lecturer with at least 5 years’ work experience or a senior science teacher with a strong record of pedagogical innovation and experience in supporting teacher learning and professional development. Priority will be given to those who have experience in research on teacher learning and/or school development, who held leadership positions at middle management level or above in schools, or who have demonstrated expertise in managing/supporting large-scale school-development projects.
The appointee will work closely with the PI, Co-Is and the project manager in supporting the leadership and organizational functions of the networks of teachers and schools and running network activities. He/She will be expected to:
1. assist the PI, Co-Is to plan and organize workshops for teachers and school leaders to understand STEM education and self-directed learning;
2. coordinate and liaise with different parties involved in the project for the planning, development and implementation of various project activities;
3. work collaboratively with teachers in designing curriculum using self-directed learning strategies in STEM;
4. work independently in planning, developing and implementing as well as evaluating school-based support plans for each participating school;
5. assist in nurturing both mentors and participating schools for their multi-level leadership capacity development;
6. arrange the training of project staff, including working out the guidelines for supporting teachers’ co-planning, lesson observation, and post-classroom observation discussion;
7. draft project reports, design qualitative and quantitative research, conduct data collection and analysis; and
8. perform other duties as assigned.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until January 29, 2023. or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
Advertised: Jan 10, 2023 (HK Time)
Applications close: Jan 29, 2023 (HK Time)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert