Coordinator, Corporate Programs
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 9, 2023
The Coordinator, Corporate Programs provides career advising services to Lutgert College of Business (LCOB) students seeking and completing internship and experiential learning opportunities. Develops and promotes internship opportunities and increasing student participation. Develops a method to collect and maintain accurate data.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Develops and fosters strong employer relations through regular outreach and meetings to assess organizational needs, create partnerships with the LCOB, and expand student and faculty opportunities with business partners.
- Connects employers with LCOB faculty members for classroom collaboration and other engagement.
- Collaborates with faculty and employers to develop discipline-specific and learning-driven academic internships and career opportunities across LCOB (AACSB) majors.
- Collaborates with faculty to explore co-curricular opportunities to optimize and enhance professional and leadership development of LCOB students.
- Organizes sponsored events that both teach students professional skills and provide opportunities for companies to interact with LCOB students.
- Meets with students to assess career development skills and personal development plans including referrals to employer partners, Career Development Services, and campus resources.
- Develops training and orientation materials to support interns.
- Develops internship opportunities with internal and external organizations. In conjunction with Career Development Services, designs and implements marketing strategies to identify, attract, and involve students, faculty, and employers to integrate academic studies with work experience.
- Aligns and optimizes programming by developing partnerships with university offices.
- Tracks and evaluates internship sites and programs.
- Serves as a liaison with the university Internship Coordinator, LCOB, and employers on all aspects of internships.
- Collaborates with Career Development Services and other university offices to plan and coordinate activities including internship fairs, career preparation programming, and other special programming.
- Develops a method to collect and maintain accurate and comprehensive internship participation data, student referrals, placements, and outcomes. Prepares progress and semester reports.
- Works collaboratively with the LCOB Dean’s Office, Career Development Services, and Department Chairs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Two years of experience in higher education, career services, counseling, advising, public relations, community relations, or related field.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating personal computers with proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) software.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Business or related field.
- Experience working with community partners, students, and faculty.
- Experience developing, promoting, and managing internship/experiential learning opportunities for students in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of the job market and occupations, business relations, and area companies.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team-oriented member.
- Ability to provide, analyze and interpret statistical data.
- Ability to be sensitive to issues of diversity and work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize, and prioritize objectives.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment based on understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, by phone and in person, and in writing.
- Ability to represent the College and University in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with community organizations, faculty, administration, and various campus departments.
- Ability to examine and understand student needs and market demands.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert