Adjunct Instructor - Undergraduate Success Seminar *INTERNAL*
University Student Support Center
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Applications for Adjunct Instructor positions in the Undergraduate
Student Success Center are being accepted to teach the
Undergraduate Success Seminar ( USS 1000), which is a 2-credit
hour, hybrid course. Adjunct instructors report to the Coordinator
of First-Year Experience and performs instruction-related duties
and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the
mission, policies and procedures of the university. The
relationship of the adjunct instructor to the student is one of
teacher and facilitator of learning. An adjunct instructor is a
term-to-term appointment with responsibility to students, course
material, classroom instruction and management.
For information regarding the Undergraduate Student Success Center,
please consult the Central State University website.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plans, organizes, teaches and facilitates the student learning
• Provides feedback to promote and support student success in a
• Works with university staff in supporting student success
• Responds to students in a timely manner via electronic
communication and other appropriate methods.
• Maintains attendance, records and reports associated with student
• Communicates with students, departments and university officials
via university provided tools and resources.
• Attends meetings, trainings and orientations as required.
• Ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the
University community through teaching and supporting student
• A Master’s Degree is required. The degree must be from a
regionally accredited institution.
• Previous collegiate teaching experience and/or experience working
in a college/university setting.
• Demonstrable interest in student success.
• Knowledge of online delivery platforms as an instructor or
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Three Letters of Recommendation and Official Transcripts are also
required. Please send information to:
Central State University
Attn: Roy Tillman, Undergraduate Student Success Center
Office of Retention & First-Year Experience
1400 Brush Row Road
P.O. Box 1004
Wilberforce, OH 45384
For questions or concerns, call Roy Tillman at 937-376-6184
Faculty - Term Appointment
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Do you have a Master's Degree or higher?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts