Academic Advisor III - (STA011549)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 6, 2023
Directs and coordinates the academic advising activities of a college or major educational office.
- Directs, implements and evaluates advising activities for a college or major office.
- Interprets and communicates academic policies and procedures to faculty, students and staff.
- Coordinates and supervises the mailing of all letters of recommendation to professional schools and maintains statistics on the number of students entering professional school.
- Conducts career counseling workshops and provides advise on field of study.
- Participates in class schedule development and registration tasks, including problem enrollments, drop/adds, and so forth.
- Supervises the compilation and analyses of data and the preparation of related management reports.
- Acts as liaison with University administration and faculty on academic matters.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Masters and 1 year experience
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional job description details – - Coordinate Licensing Prep Courses and other preparation for licensure. - Prepare students for graduation and transition into workforce. - Co-chair college commencement event. - Support other programming and student events throughout the year including Orientation. - Participate in planning meetings for course scheduling. - May serve on the admissions and other college committees.
Additional Posting Information
- Department is willing to do experience in lieu of education.
- Department is willing to do education in lieu of experience.
- This position may be eligible for Alternative Work Arrangements.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert