Administrative Assistant - Dental Hygiene
- Goodwin University
- Connecticut, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education, commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully realize their highest academic, professional, and personal potential.
Position Description Summary/Purpose :
This position conducts research, prepares statistical reports, handles information requests, and performs clerical functions such but not limited to preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, scheduling meetings and working with students.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Handles a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Prepares accreditation reports for Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Expedites purchase orders and assists with the acquisition of program equipment and supplies through the Workplace system.
- Plans, organizes, prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously, and follows through on issues in a timely manner. Accurately maintains student records, forms and registrations.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepare agendas, reserves and prepares facilities and records and takes and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Prepares memorandums and/or policies outlining and explaining academic procedures and policies to University faculty and staff; monitors compliance.
- Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems as they arise with high respect for students, staff and faculty.
- Coordinates Program Director’s and Full-time faculty’s schedule and updates calendar accordingly.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files. Ensures effective processing and delivery of all admission applications.
- Provides administrative support for the Dental Hygiene Clinic, entering patient data into electronic patient records, scheduling appointments, and performing clerical functions such as, receiving visitors, answering phones, filing, maintaining organization at front desk, and working with students.
- Handles telephone and email inquiries and responds as appropriate.
- Assists in the coordination and planning of academic events, projects and accreditation process.
- Reviews and summarizes miscellaneous reports and documents; prepares background documents.
- Drafts, prepares, distributes and follows-up with various correspondence.
- Assists in preparing presentations.
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and all work safety practices are followed.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates.
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current with trends.
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team effort.
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and fostering best practices and policies to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and build an environment in which all members of the University community are treated with respect and dignity.
- Well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a University of diverse people and programs
- The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, sound decision making ability and attention to detail. Responds to all inquiries quickly, courteously and correctly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and a tolerance for working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable and able to relate well with diverse populations
- Demonstrated commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
The Administrative Assistant should be prepared to prioritize duties, and take initiative on unexpected challenges and projects that will arise throughout the daily routine. The daily routine changes with each semester. Good organization, time management, and multitasking skills are necessary.
This position has little to no supervision. Occasional check-ins are done by superiors to ensure things are being done and in a timely manner, although it is primarily autonomous.
This position requires access to personal data of both students and patients, in which FERPA and HIPAA guidelines must be followed. Day-to-day duties include collecting and entering patient information for the Dental Clinic. It is frequently required to collect sensitive data from student accounts that may include grades, address, phone, etc.
Friendly communication with patients for the Dental Clinic occur regularly and is vital to creating positive relationships and meeting program goals and outcomes. Regular communication with other departments is also essential to fulfil daily job duties.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education, Training and Experience :
- Associates Degree required, Bachelors preferred; and/or 3-5 years’ work experience in the administrative assistant field
- Valid license & insured vehicle
Work Environment None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Outdoor Weather Conditions X
Work with fumes or airborne particles X
Work near moving mechanical parts X
Risk of electrical shock X
Physical Activity None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Talking & Hearing X
Using hands/fingers to handle/feel X
Climbing or balancing X
Bending, pulling, pushing X
Lifting Requirements None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Up to 10 pounds X
Up to 25 pounds X
Up to 50 pounds X
Up to 75 pounds X
Up to 100 pounds X
Over 100 pounds X
X Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
_ Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
_ Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish colors)
_ Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
_ Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and
___ No special vision requirements
- $37,000 - $39,000
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse & dependents
- PTO program
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert