- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Open Until Filled
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
100 Tuck Hall
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
Provides administrative support for the Advancement Division, overseeing day-to-day operations, supporting the Chief Advancement Officer, and coordinating work across the functions of Advancement.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
3+ years of experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. At least three years of relevant administrative and project management experience.
2. Experience with alumni/donor management systems or other CRM databases, or the ability to quickly master new technologies with training.
3. High accuracy, organizational skills, and attention to detail. Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
5. Able to support, contribute to, and strengthen a vibrant, culturally diverse, and inclusive learning community of students, alumni, faculty, and fellow professionals.
6. Able to anticipate, deliver on, and exceed the expectations of donors and colleagues.
7. Able to collaborate effectively with Tuck and Dartmouth colleagues to achieve shared goals and objectives.
Experience with fundraising and/or donor relations activities for nonprofit organizations or comparable experience preferred.
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Lorin Parker, Executive Director of Talent Management
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
This position is located on campus in Hanover, NH and is primarily an on-site position with the expectation of 4 days per week on campus, and 1 day per week remote work flexibility.
Executive support : Provides administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer, including calendaring and coordination of meetings with donors and institutional leaders, travel arrangements and itineraries, financial reports, reimbursements, payments, contact reports, and other logistics. Manages mail correspondence. Maintains a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity.
Percentage Of Time
Department management : Working closely with the executive director, helps to manage the office and team workflows. Organizes department meetings, retreats, and programming, assists with coordination of department events. Communicates across the team to ensure coordination and collaboration. Provides logistical support for staff recruitment and alumni and donor visits to campus, including scheduling appointments, interviews, communicating with campus partners, and collecting materials. Performs other duties as needed.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Document #1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert