- Auburn University at Montgomery
- Alabama, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 5, 2023
Office of Distance Education
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is campus- based and the qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical support to faculty using the Learning Management System ( LMS ) Blackboard
- Assist faculty in online course design and development using a systematic instructional design model
- Advise faculty on the use of appropriate technologies in online education
- Conduct training as necessary
- Assist with the development of class curriculum and materials
- Oversee multimedia use in online and hybrid courses; support faculty with implementation of new methods in existing and new courses
- Ensures that quality online courses are completed on schedule
- Reviews new and existing courses against the Quality Matters Rubric
- Researches and utilizes the most up-to-date practices and technologies related to instructional design and online learning applications
- Ability to respond to several demands at one time
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a diverse community of users who possess varying levels of technical knowledge
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to resolve technical problems and provide support to instructors/faculty, students and staff
- Knowledge of acceptable teaching practices and best practices for delivering online instruction
- Ability to teach others
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; master’s degree preferred. Experience equivalent to one year of employment in information systems computer science, or instruction or related field. Experience in higher education and/or K-12 is preferred for any applicant. Strong preference for candidates with pervious course design experience in a Blackboard LMS environment.
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Auburn University at Montgomery is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Position Profile Link
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Interest/Intent
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Describe any work experience relevant to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have a Master's degree?
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert