- Schreiner University
- Kerrville, Texas
- Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Academic Advising & Academic Support Services, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Admission Counselor is responsible for increasing the enrollment of qualified undergraduate students and meeting yearly enrollment goals for Schreiner University. This position requires extensive travel throughout the year. The Admission Counselor’s primary task is to generate inquiries, applications, interviews, campus visits, and commitment fees for all student populations in the assigned market area(s). Additional responsibilities include developing leads, attaining goals for market area(s), meeting with parents and students on or off campus, visiting feeder high schools and community colleges, and attending college day/night programs. The Admission Counselor will work closely with the marketing department to implement recruitment and marketing strategies to support enrollment goals and brand awareness initiatives. Tele-counseling is required to develop leads during the recruiting season and peak periods. The Admission Counselor communicates the features and benefits of attending a four-year liberal arts university and demonstrates how financial aid creates access to such an education.
- Always represent Schreiner University in the most professional and ethical manner.
- Must be able to travel extensively. Visit secondary schools, colleges, and other educational institutions within assigned territories and areas the supervisor assigned.
- Possesses extensive job knowledge in college admission-related work and understands its role in serving the institutional mission.
- Cooperate, collaborate, and communicate professionally and effectively with diverse constituencies, including faculty, staff, administrators, students, parents, and counselors.
- Coordinates with admission and financial aid staff to ensure a student’s successful transition from high school to college or from another college to Schreiner.
- Advise prospective students and their families of admission requirements and financial aid process and status.
- Evaluate transcripts of high school seniors.
- Ensure that all required documents are on file before (1) admitting, (2) sending to the Registrar for transfer evaluation, or (3) forwarding to the Director of the Learning Support Services Program.
- Represent Schreiner University at college day/night programs, receptions, alumni events, and all other approved functions.
- Liaises with external and internal marketing teams to produce promotional materials for the Office of Admission, including physical mailings, promotional products, digital materials, and advertising strategies.
- Markets on-campus programs to students while assisting in the planning and implementing recruiting events such as Schreiner Saturday, Juniors in June, and other activities.
- Maintain regular contact with prospective students through visits, email, written communication, and telephone calls.
- Successfully completes recruitment of students in assigned market area(s), reporting requirements, and timely lead follow-up to reach performance levels.
- Establish relationships with all stakeholders in the assigned market area(s), including guidance counselors.
- Assume added projects and responsibilities as required by the Director of Admissions and Educational Partnerships.
- Facilitate up-to-date communication among employees, students, and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality concerning all matters in the Office of Admission and Financial Aid and adheres to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor and the Associate Director of Admission.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Four-year college degree or higher preferred
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish preferred
- Willingness to work weekends and weekend hours to meet job requirements.
- Strong computer skills required. Must be able to use the Internet, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Calendar).
- Demonstrated proficiency using a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Ability to adjust, adapt and persist regardless of setbacks.
- Possess an enthusiastic and positive attitude with a strong desire to serve others.
- Possess extensive job knowledge in college admission-related work and understand its role in serving the institutional mission.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to set goals, organize and prioritize daily activities, exercise necessary follow-up, and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently to meet job requirements.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to listen attentively.
- Convey understanding and persuasively communicate the value of Schreiner’s education to various constituencies.
- Sales ability to “close.”
- Use of sound judgment, maturity, and responsibility.
- Driving is required; therefore, the candidate must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance, and a good driving record.
Who We Are
At Schreiner University, students enter with hope and leave with achievement. We are a diverse, fiercely independent university. We are affiliated by covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA) with a main campus in the thriving Texas Hill Country. We are a uniquely Texan, Hispanic-serving institution. Schreiner University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and are strongly and actively committed to diversity within our community.
What We Do
Schreiner University is a place of opportunity. We support one another to achieve success in all that we do. We offer undergraduate and graduate students a personalized, integrated, and holistic educational experience that prepares them for meaningful work and purposeful lives in a changing global society. Students study in-depth in a specific area of interest while acquiring broad skills and habits of mind to navigate a complex, diverse, and unscripted future.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert