Director of Clinical Education, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Shenandoah University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Counsellor Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Health & Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Student Affairs, Counseling, Health Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Shenandoah University’s School of Health Professions is accepting applications for a Director of Clinical Education (DCE) for a new Master of Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. The DCE provides administrative oversight of the internship/practicum experiences associated with the CMHC program. The DCE facilitates problem-solving related to clinical issues as requested by clinical preceptors, faculty, or students. The DCE is a core faculty member with an understanding of contemporary practice, quality clinical education, the clinical community, and the health care delivery system. This full-time benefited position will work out of our Winchester, VA campus. The position will be available immediately upon identification of the preferred candidate.
The Director of Clinical Education for the Master of Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program (CMHC) at Shenandoah University is responsible for the administration of the practicum and internship experiences for the CMHC program as well as teaching responsibilities within the area of expertise.
- Develops, conducts, coordinates, and evaluates the clinical education (practicum and internship experiences) program
- Communicates necessary information about the clinical education program to core faculty, clinical education sites, clinical education faculty, and students and facilitates communication about clinical education between these groups, as needed
- Assures that there are current written agreements between the institution and the clinical education sites that describe the rights and responsibilities of both, including those of their respective agents.
- Determines if clinical education faculty are meeting the needs of the program
- Coordinates placement, preparation, oversight, and evaluation of all clinical experiences
- Maintains policies and procedures manual
- Assures compliance of the clinical education program with academic regulations, policies & procedures; takes appropriate corrective actions, when necessary
- Oversees assessment of student learning in the clinical education experiences
- Mentors students as needed
- Communicates information about the clinical education program to stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required :
- Must have a commitment to the University and Division’s mission and philosophy
- Ability to work collaboratively within the division and across programs at the University
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Knowledge of current developments in the field of counseling and counseling education
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including the use of content delivery platforms (ie. Canvas)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to present a positive and professional image when representing the Division and University.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information from intentional or unintentional disclosure.
- Ability to perform all the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office
- Work will be performed at the Winchester site
- Travel is required
- No or somewhat limited physical effort is required, (dependent on courses taught) however, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- No or very limited physical risks
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Earned doctoral degree in counselor education
- Identifies with the counseling profession through the following:
○ through the maintenance of certifications and/or licenses related to the counseling specialty area(s),
○ and by showing evidence of sustained:
■ professional development and renewal activities related to counseling
■ professional service and advocacy in counseling, and
■ research and scholarly activity in counseling
- A minimum of 3 years of documented experience in the field of clinical mental health counseling
- The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert