Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor of Practice in Counseling
- University of Memphis
- University of Memphis, Memphis
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications
- Posted Date
- Jan 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Counsellor Education, Administrative, Student Affairs, Counseling
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Counseling Educational Psychology and Research Department (CEPR) in the College of Education at the University of Memphis invites applications for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track, Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor of Practice in Counseling. This position is focused on supporting the graduate counseling programs in the CEPR department as well as providing on-campus instruction, clinical supervision, partnership development, and student recruitment and retention. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and service. The Counseling area consists of five CACREP accredited programs, which include Master of Science programs in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling, School Counseling, Vocational Rehabilitation, and a Ph.D. doctoral program in Counselor Education and Supervision. In addition, the department houses a masters level program in addiction counseling as well as three certificate programs. This position is eligible for promotion and continuing appointment. Starting date for the position is August 1, 2023. (Position #012569).
- Earned doctorate degree obtained by August 1, 2023 in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP accredited program Evidence of clinical counseling, supervision, and teaching experience in counselor education Evidence of the ability to engage in the integration of cultural competence and ethical practice into the preparation of counseling professionals Familiarity with CACREP standards and the accreditation process Must be currently licensed as an LPC-MHSP in the State of Tennessee or will have obtained their license within one year of the date of hire Ability to support a culture of collaboration, inclusion, equity, and diversity
- Experience in counselor education curriculum management and program development A record of professional leadership and administrative experience in a graduate setting Experience with the CACREP accreditation process and self-report writing Evidence of participation on federally funded grants & projects Experience with practicum and internship placement & coordination
- Teach on-campus courses in counseling Coordinate practicum and internship experiences for masters and doctoral counseling students Supervise graduate students in field experiences Assist with program evaluation responsibilities for CACREP and SACS accreditation Provide counseling program coordination and support Assist with recruitment and retention efforts of the counseling programs Coordinate the online data platform Tevera Develop annual reports for the counseling program Attend program, department, and college level meetings/events
The Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology and Research (CEPR) offers five graduate certificates, six master's, and three doctoral degrees in its three principal areas (www.memphis.edu/cepr). The College of Education is fully accredited by NCATE and is a leader in the enhancement of teacher and principal preparation. The College of Education is dedicated to diversity, inclusion, equity, and innovation and prepares students for careers as educators, practitioners, researchers and leaders in their respective areas. The University of Memphis is recognized by the Carnegie Foundation as one of two public research universities and the only community engaged public university in Tennessee. The University is strongly committed to its urban mission and outreach programs and recognizes the diverse and integrated role played by faculty and administration in fulfilling a comprehensive mission of research, clinical practice, education, and community engagement. For additional information please see the websites of the university (http://www.memphis.edu), the college (https://www.memphis.edu/education/), and the department( https://www.memphis.edu/cepr/).
SALARY & BEGINNING DATE
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. The position (#012569) is a twelve-month non-tenure track appointment. The anticipated date of appointment is August 1, 2023. The University offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare and retirement. The state of TN has no state income tax, and the Memphis area has a very reasonable cost of living.
Screening of applications will begin January 27th, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. The department welcomes a diverse set of applicants. Applications are to be submitted electronically at https://workforum.memphis.edu.
Applicants are required to upload the following: 1) cover letter that specifically addresses your qualifications and professional experience as related to the job announcement, 2) current curriculum vitae, 3) teaching and mentoring philosophy, and 4) names, addresses, telephone numbers and emails of three professional references. Applicants will receive a confirmation number when all application materials are submitted. Letters of reference and official transcripts will be requested upon interview. Address inquiries and nominations to Dr. Michelle Brasfield at (email@example.com) or (901) 678-2841.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert