Senior Administrative Coordinator - Mellon College of Science - Physics Department
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Mellon College of Science (MCS) is home to four departments and many programs and research centers that cross multiple disciplines. We approach scientific problems from fresh angles using creative interdisciplinary approaches while drawing on our departmental strengths in the core sciences. MCS faculty members are nationally and internationally recognized for their research in a variety of fields, including polymer science, cosmology, mathematical finance, and neuroscience.
Carnegie Mellon University’s Physics Department within MCS is searching for a full time Senior Administrative Coordinator. In this role you will have a broad impact on the operation of this dynamic department as you provide support for the Department Head.
Responsibilities supporting Department Head
- Coordinates department head meetings, schedules appointments, updating faculty information files/arranging faculty meetings.
- Organizes the faculty interview process which includes posting of job announcements, communication with candidates and scheduling of interview visits.
- Coordinates the promotion and reappointment process. Solicit letters (internal, external, and student) and monitors the process of cases in the Interfolio system.
- Coordinates with foreign scholars and faculty with obtaining visas as needed, includes requesting appropriate scholar information, completing forms as needed, corresponding with the Office of International Education.
- Coordinate all conferences, workshops, and summer schools hosted by the Department. This includes securing meeting space, hotel, dorm and travel accommodations, creating programs and badges.
- Provides daily office support including greeting and directing visitors, collecting and distributing mail, checking office supply levels, handling office equipment and supplies, calendaring events, making room reservations and other related duties as well as arranging departmental social events.
- Monitors monthly accounting statements, reconciling accounts, tracking and resolving discrepancies.
- Provides financial support including procurement card, purchase order and employee reimbursements.
- Assists business manager in developing budgets and ensures activities are in compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
You should demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal and planning skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Ability to optimally manage multiple tasks on-time.
- Ability to keep and maintain accurate reports and records.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Associates Degree Preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years administrative support experience
- Successful background check
CMU’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university’s current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Administrative Support and Coordination
Staff – Regular
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “ Why Carnegie
Mellon ” to learn more about becoming part of an
institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view
a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity
Statement of Assurance
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert