- Baylor College of Medicine
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 5, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for installing, repairs and maintaining machinery and equipment. The maintenance mechanic's responsibilities will include performing regular inspections of machinery and equipment, carrying out preventative maintenance and fulfilling other duties such as building maintenance as assigned. To be a successful maintenance mechanic you should have a practical mind, mechanical aptitude, and strong attention to detail.
- Assembles, installs and maintains mechanical systems, machinery and equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment and performs routine preventative maintenance.
- Reads, interprets and follows instructions and operation manuals and schematics.
- Completes assigned work orders and communicates with the departments throughout the process.
- Cleans, repairs and installs equipment and parts as needed.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs general maintenance work on buildings as
- High School diploma or GED and completion of Trade School or Associate’s Degree program.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- 2+ Years of experience as a maintenance mechanic or in a similar role.
- Knowledge and ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Physical dexterity/ ability to lift heavy objects and use a ladder.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert