Tenure Track Faculty - Physical Therapy
- California State University, Sacramento
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 5, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Other Health & Medicine
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Tenure Track Faculty - Physical Therapy
Job No: 520802
Work Type: Instructional Faculty - Tenured/Tenure-Track
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time, Faculty - Health Sciences
COLLEGE: Health and Human Services
DEPARTMENT: Physical Therapy
POSITION TITLE: Tenure Track Faculty-Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
The successful candidate will join ten dedicated core faculty members in a program aimed at producing professional, evidence-informed physical therapists who have the knowledge and skills to provide patient care in any practice environment. The program's curriculum is designed to provide a foundation in the science and art of physical therapy, one that engages students in clinical reasoning through problem-solving within the context of patient cases, both actual and simulated. We have six community clinics that provide mentored clinical practice opportunities to our students. The department has state-of-the-art facilities, including a motion analysis laboratory and a simulation suite.
The program accepts 32 students each year into our full-time program which is 9 semesters in length (including summers). Results on the licensure examination are well above the national average including 100% pass rate, and 100% of are graduates report being employed six months after graduation from our program. The program is located in Sacramento, the capital city of California and is part of the College of Health and Human Services. There are numerous opportunities for interprofessional collaboration and scholarly work with other departments within the University, as well as opportunities for clinical practice in various health facilities within the city.
The Department of Physical Therapy at California State University, Sacramento invites applications for a full-time core tenure track faculty position beginning in the Fall 2023 semester. Salary and rank are dependent upon qualifications and professional experience. The classification annual salary range for this position is $64,860 - $143,928; the anticipated annual starting salary is $74,642.
We are looking for a candidate with teaching, research and clinical experience who will complement those of the current core faculty. Preference will be given to candidates with content and teaching expertise in cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy, acute care physical therapy, pathophysiology and clinical simulation activities. We offer a highly competitive employment package and generous financial support for professional development/research activities.
A successful Sacramento State faculty member promotes the values celebrated by a public, regional, comprehensive, metropolitan university. At Sacramento State, the quality of the education we provide is our top priority. In addition to contributing positively to teaching and learning, faculty members are expected to engage in scholarship and to provide service to the University and to the greater community. Our campus community represents the broad diversity of our state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity.
In concert with our diverse student community, we strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups, including members of racially minoritized groups, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
- Teaching in areas of expertise, consistent with program needs
- Engaging in scholarly activity
- Providing University and community service
- Mentoring student scholarship
- Advising students
- Contributing to a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) curriculum designed to promote critical thinking and evidence-based clinical proficiency
- Education: Earned academic doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc). A Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree with clinical specialist certification in cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy may be considered for the position. ABD candidates will be considered but the degree needs to be completed by August 2023.
- At least three (3) years of clinical experience.
- Eligible for physical therapy licensure in California.
- Content and teaching expertise in one or more of the following areas: cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy, acute care physical therapy, pathophysiology and clinical simulation.
- Clinical specialist certification in cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy.
- Certification as a simulation specialist.
- History of scholarly productivity. For more information regarding expectations on scholarly and creative achievements, please refer to Section 5.05F of the University Appointment, Retention, Tenure and Promotion (UARTP) policy document: Link
- Experience with use of simulation as an education strategy.
- Experience working with information technology for instruction and teaching in graduate education.
- At least three years of teaching experience.
- A record of demonstrated commitment to, and ability to work with a diverse student population.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2022. Position will remain open until filled. Documents needed to apply are listed below. Note: the application system will only accept ONE (1) PDF FILE for each of the required documents:
- A cover letter (up to 1000 words) that addresses required and preferred qualifications. This cover letter must include a statement of teaching philosophy and scholarly interests
- A current curriculum vitae/resume
- Unofficial copies of transcripts attesting to the highest degree earned (official transcripts required at time of appointment)
- A diversity statement - Sacramento State values diversity and inclusion and has made a university-wide commitment to being an antiracist and inclusive institution. In your statement, please answer the following question: “Please explain how your teaching, research, and service addresses diversity, equity, and inclusion.” The department seeks candidates with the ability to work with diverse students and colleagues, success in creating inclusive classrooms, and experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives. (maximum of 2 pages)
Once candidates become finalists for the position, names and contact information for references will be required and updated (if candidate has already provided such information)
If you would like more information about the position, please contact Dr. Rolando Lazaro, Chair, DPT Faculty Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
About Sacramento State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California's capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State's 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1,800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: “As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sacramento State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/benefits/reasonable-accomodation.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/compliance/hr-compliance/mandatory-dhr-training.html .
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/.
Out of State Employment
Per CSU-wide policy (HR2021-04), all faculty who will begin initial employment (or return from a 12-month break in service) on or after January 1, 2022 are required to perform their work from within the State of California. Faculty hired prior to January 1, 2022 must be available to perform work in the State of California if their assignment is in-person.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency ( ie. H-1-B Visa).
Advertised: November 01, 2022 (9:00 AM)
Applications Closes: Open Until Filled
To apply, visit https://careers.csus.edu/en-us/job/520802/tenure-track-faculty-physical-therapy
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert