Administrative Support Coordinator (Part - Time)
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 4, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
*This is a part-time, benefited position working Monday – Friday, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm.*
Reporting to the Director of Resources and Operations and receiving work lead direction from the Administrative Analyst, the Administrative Support Coordinator provides administrative support to the Anthropology department. Working independently, under general supervision, the Coordinator performs moderate to complex administrative support duties for the department Chair, administrative staff, students and faculty.
- Acts as front-line receptionist, answers phones, greets faculty, staff, students, and visitors
- Coordinates, composes, and proofs, mailings, display cases, and other forms of communication and publicity
- Coordinates and is responsible for the production of department publications including layout, copy editing, and proofreading
- Coordinates and maintains departmental databases
- Assists with coordination of special events and receptions
- Processes key, equipment, and service requests
- Assists department analyst by entering data and proofreading materials
- Updates and maintains departmental website, and social media accounts
- Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow
- Provides ongoing support to faculty members, graduate coordinator, and chair, prepares and maintains faculty office hours list; maintains syllabi files and posts syllabi to department website
- Coordinates and provides logistical support for activities such as department and university balloting procedures and distributing agendas and materials
- Assists with processing faculty evaluations, RTP processes, coordinating faculty recruitment, and course scheduling
- Generates FTES reports, course extracts, and other periodic reports to assist chair with enrollment management
- Solicits feedback from faculty and staff to assist in development of improved services
- Maintains orders and distributes office supplies and classroom materials
- Make purchases and reconciles department issued pro-card
- Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office – especially Word and Excel
- Advanced user of Doodle (online scheduling tool)
- Advanced user of Google Drive (online calendar and file sharing)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Experience using website management software
- Advanced understanding of online form use – including Google Drive
- Ability to easily navigate online social networking tools – including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Attention to detail in a busy environment, maintaining a friendly demeanor
- Knowledge of FTS and Student Administration systems
- Ability to effectively write and present reports to department chair
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Two years of related office work experience or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Clerical experience in an office setting (maintaining files, answering phones, and customer service)
- Experience in web maintenance
- Purchasing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), web development/management software, and email programs such as Gmail
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $2,043/month - $2,140/month (Part - Time)
CSU Salary Range: $3,505/month - $5,508/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
Monday - Friday, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: January 04, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert