- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 4, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Law & Legal Studies, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant, Auxiliary Services, Legal Affairs
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Columbia Missourian at the Missouri School of Journalism
The Columbia Missourian has an immediate opening for a Messenger.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Kicks: delivery of missed papers by carriers, done daily
- Returns: Picks up unsold papers at various stores, done biweekly
- Returns: Picks up unsold papers for Breaktime stores, done weekly
- Measure Paper: Measures ads in paper for Post Office, done daily
- Campus Mail: delivers mail to campus post office, done daily
- Down Route: Delivers daily paper routes in emergency situations when the regular carrier cannot
- Post Office-Bank: makes daily post office run and bank deposit
- Dock/Mailroom: Cleans the dock and mailroom area, picks up litter and pallets, sweeps area as needed
- Company Van Maintenance: Monitors Missourian van for all mechanical needs, schedules maintenance when needed, makes minor repairs
- Single copy machines: removes and places paper machines as needed. Does onsite repairs of machines
- Customer Service: Waits on customers, both at office window and on phone. Works in circulation database to do vacation starts and stops. Contacts carriers for delivery issues, verifies address for delivery
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Range: $12-15 per hour
University Title: MESSENGER
Internal applicants can determine their university title by access the Talent Profile in myHR.
Work Schedule: 7 am – noon, Sunday, Tuesday – Friday
FTE is 0.63 and typically averages 25 hours per week.
High school diploma or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-884-2577 .
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert