Admissions and Records Operations Assistant
- Riverside Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 4, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time. 01/17/2023
Position Title: Admissions & Records Operations Assistant (Admissions & Records) - Riverside City College
Department: Admissions & Records (R)
Position Type: Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position: Riverside
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Length: 12-month
Salary Range: Grade C
Salary Amount: $3,837 - $4,672
Salary Type: Monthly
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? No
Under the supervision of the area manager, provides service to students and other members of the public relating to college admission, registration, student records, and referral to other college services.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
Two years of closely related experience are required.
Admissions & Records department/campus policies and procedures as well as other student service areas.
Learn and navigate the Datatel student software system and adhere to state regulations as they pertain to matriculation and registration; demonstrate excellent customer service and be able to work effectively with people of various ages, cultures.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, other departmental staff, supervisors, students and the public.
Normal office environment.
1. Answer phones, assist students/visitors at Information Desk and in lobby with application and registration.
2. Process applications by entering data in multiple data screens of the computer system.
3. Register students at the counter and issue photo ID card.
4. Assist with mailings and fulfilling transcript requests.
5. Enter transcripts for scanning and evaluation; assist with purging records.
6. Help maintain student files.
7. Scan admissions and records documents as requested.
8. May assist with providing appropriate information to VA students.
9. Participate in District-provided in-service training programs.
10. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
11. Perform other duties related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Effective Employment Date: Anticipated Start Date: March 2023
Application Deadline: 01-17-2023
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 2nd or 3rd week of February.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted: Classified/Management/Confidential Application
To Apply: http://pa379.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=60431
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert