Director of Payroll
- The College of New Jersey
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 4, 2023
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The Payroll Department at The College of New Jersey is seeking candidates for the Director of Payroll role.
The Director of Payroll is responsible for overseeing all aspects of payroll operations including payroll processes and procedures, taxes and other finance demands. The Director of Payroll fosters a positive culture and a high performance work environment. The Director of Payroll is required to coordinate effectively with other TCNJ departments such as finance, human resources, IT and University Counsel and conduct other duties, as assigned.
- Manage the overall operations and administration of payroll processing
- Evaluate processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure accuracy and efficiencies of processes
- Ensure compliance with internal guidelines, federal, state and local agencies
- Maintain job results
- 10 years experience in payroll administration, 5 years experience leading, developing, mentoring and evaluating staff; experience with payroll process and tax matters, metrics business process design, accounting and financial analysis; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered or other related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Fast paced, collaborative and goal oriented environment.
- Positive and can do attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft systems
- Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks
TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in 1855, TCNJ has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive colleges in the nation. TCNJ currently is ranked as one of the 75 "Most Competitive" schools in the nation by Barron's Profiles of American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report. TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the Princeton review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa chapter - an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the foundation for programs offered through TCNJ's seven schools - Arts & Communication; Business; Education; Humanities and Social Sciences; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by train, of New York City and Philadelphia. The College's campus is set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known for its natural beauty and has 39 major buildings, including the fourth-best college library in the nation, according to the Princeton Review.
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit a letter of interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until a viable finalist has been found.
In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert